What's your best Simpson brush pick?

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
In terms of price, quality and performance I think the Colonel with a Best knot can’t be beat. If you’re able to throw more money at it, the Tulip 2 with a Super knot is a formidable brush. Putting price aside, my favourite Simpson is the QE II Jubilee with a Manchurian knot; alas this was a limited release several years ago and is only available now in the aftermarket if at all. I’ve had other Simpson Manchurians, but the Jubilee is unique and much better.

My favourites are the CH3 and the PL 10. I have a big old PL 12 in Best for head and face shaves.
As others has said the CH2 is a classic brush. Two others I would be tempted by if they made them in Manchurian would be the B6 and the 59.
Oh and a Captain.

Last edited:

Herne

Forum GOD!
Duke 3 in Best. Or a Chubby 2 from BST to keep the prices down. The D3 could be all the brush you need.
I totally agree.
As I mentioned in another thread a few days ago, the Duke 3 in Best is the perfect brush for me. And I've tried many (Plisson, Shavemac, Semogue, Zenith ...).
There might be many brushes, which are bigger, softer, denser, cheaper, more fancy or what ever. But the Duke 3 is the perfect allrounder, the golden mean ... . If you like your Special, you can't go wrong with it.

LXP

Legendary Member
I really like my Persian Jar 2 Super. It is packed tightly with that thin, soft super hair and has quite a splay when wet.

I also have a Chubby 1 and have had the M7, PL10, E3, CL2, CH2s and a 3 in either Synth, Super, 2-Band and Manchurian. The more experience I get, the smaller the brushes seem to become :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nav

Forum GOD!
I've had around a dozen Simpson brushes over the years. I personally prefer their smaller knots in best badger grade.

My favorite of the lot is the Commodore X2. It's just perfection! The face feel, density, knot:loft ratio, the gorgeous handle!

I could make it my only badger brush and be very happy!!