What made your day a good one?

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Eldest Stepson is a Police Officer now.
They nicked two last week for dealing (was watched on CCTV) one let go as not enough evidence, he was 19 yrs old.
The other they did have enough so bailed for now, he was 16.
Problem is we are East Essex and the louts were from West London and you can’t, apparently, let them just wander off if 16.
So two coppers out of the game for 4-5 hours while they drive him home. 🤷🏼‍♂️🙄😡

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
Eldest Stepson is a Police Officer now.
They nicked two last week for dealing (was watched on CCTV) one let go as not enough evidence, he was 19 yrs old.
The other they did have enough so bailed for now, he was 16.
Problem is we are East Essex and the louts were from West London and you can’t, apparently, let them just wander off if 16.
So two coppers out of the game for 4-5 hours while they drive him home. 🤷🏼‍♂️🙄😡
Blimey, that's an expensive minicab. :(

R181

Grumpy old man
I think I have the potential problem with sunlight buggering up the garage door sensors. I have no windows in my garage so no sunlight enters and one less place for people to try and break into the garage from.

Bob

Falcon50

Took my car into the shop for two problems.

First the tire pressure sensor light would not go out, even with proper pressure in the tire. My on-line research pointed to a likely failure of part of one of the onboard computer modules. An expensive fix.

The other problem was almost no cool air from the air conditioning system. Another potentially expensive fix. I put off repairs for more than half a year, until the budget would allow a possible $1000 to $1500 repair.

I was quite happy when the shop called to tell me in the afternoon that my car was ready, and the charge was $157. Both problems were an easy fix. The first was a computer reset, and the second was a faulty air temperature sensor. So nice to find a credible repair shop.

Last edited:

Falcon50

It wasn't today, but it was recent, and great enough that the after affects will be with us for a long time.

About six weeks ago, we paid off the full balance of what we still owed on our home! Paid off two years early. This was the first month in 28 years that we haven't needed to make a loan payment on our home. A great feeling, and it sure helps the monthly budget! Might be able to see the savings account grow by a few hundred dollars a month now.

Last edited:

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
It wasn't today, but it was recent, and great enough that the after affects will be with us for a long time.

About six weeks ago, we paid off the full balance of what we still owed on our home! Paid off two years early. This was the first month in 28 years that we haven't needed to make a loan payment on our home. A great feeling, and it sure helps the monthly budget! Might be able to see the savings account grow by a few hundred dollars a month now.
Congratulations on being debt free on your home.

BTW, I never turn off either vehicles air conditioning. It does not harm a car to have the AC blow hot air. Since the coolant acts as a lubricant, turning off the AC allows the hoses to dry out and crack.

R181

Grumpy old man
Congratulations on being debt free on your home.

BTW, I never turn off either vehicles air conditioning. It does not harm a car to have the AC blow hot air. Since the coolant acts as a lubricant, turning off the AC allows the hoses to dry out and crack.
While I do not run my AC in the car all the time, I do use it year-round intermittently for the reason you mention.

Bob

Vacumatic

Testy
We have a four seater convertible and I was aware that one of the rear carpets was damp although I couldn't see how water was making the carpets wet when all around the damp was as dry as a bone, forgetting that water will just find a way. Seeing toadstools prompted decisive action.

Ever helpful YouTube produced a worrying number of options and one of which was that the sills were filling with water and not draining, then the water was sloshing around finding its way out of the sills and into the car, wetting the carpet from below perhaps? Experts suggested locating a rubber bung on the underside of the sill and punching a small hole in it, at least 5 litres of water came out immediately and it is still draining now.

Why are modern cars so low, my knees feel like they have had a hammer taken to them, despite using a kneeling pad.
The fix was to drill a hole in the sills. I found the rubber bung in the sills, drilled a hole and water gushed out. Found a slope, drained the car in one direction and then the other. Carpets are now as dry as a bone.

Apparently a common problem.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
The fix was to drill a hole in the sills. I found the rubber bung in the sills, drilled a hole and water gushed out. Found a slope, drained the car in one direction and then the other. Carpets are now as dry as a bone.

Apparently a common problem.
How is water getting in, in the first place? Have you checked for rust?