what is the correct order to use alum block/aftershaver/aftershave balm etc after your shave?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
Because heat, either forced air or steam, can tend to make the air much dryer during the winter than the rest of the year, and it can lead to dried out skin. A balm will help with that.
Interesting didn't know that thanks 🙂
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
You don't need the alum all the time.
If you do, rinse and apply the alum. Rinse it after 30 seconds with cold water.

Apply the lotion/balm after drying the face.

A balm is optional and only if you feel your skin tight. A good soap will prevent that. I found some connection between overshaving and skin tightness after the shave.

If post shave is very important to you, like me, invest in some great balms all around; Proraso Blue, Speick, Natura Siberica Yak & Yeti or The Sudsy Soapery Hemp Balm. You really don't need anything else.
 

Steve

Boomer Member
Balms are purely subjective. I have a couple I use because I paid a lot of money for them in the beginning. Once they're gone, it'll be witch hazel. I prefer the liquid over sticks, and gels. Again, purely personal.
 

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Witch Hazel is good gear but it smells bad to me. The unscented Boots ( other brands available ) ordinary stuff - smells bad. Never found one I like so maybe go for Thayers or similar but........ Thayers and all that stuff is also good but overpriced for what it is and imho unnecessary. ( others will argue this ). As with all these things - ymmv. I like a good balm as well but that is by choice more than necessity. Not a great user of after shave splash.
 

motto

Forum GOD!
My routine:
Warm rinse after 3. pass, normally ATG
Wet alum bloc under warm water
Apply alum to wet face and let it stay for about 20 sec.
Rinse face with cold water
Dub face dry with towel
Apply AS
Apply AS balm
 
Top