What have you bought again?

bandito

Ex-Addict
Mostly software (incl. fragrance), notable examples include

  • Czech and Speake Oxford and Cambridge soap
  • Acqua di Parma cream (tube)
  • Acqua di Parma Colonia (on my 3rd bottle!) and Colonia Leather
  • Floris Elite, JF, No.89
  • Knize Forest
  • Czech and Speake Neroli
  • Proraso soaps, creams and splash
  • Creed Aventus
  • Atkinson's English Lavender and Gold Medal
  • Trumper's creams
  • Trumper's Eucris, Sandalwood, Eau de Quinine
  • DR Harris Bay Rum splash
  • DR Harris Arlington cologne and splash
  • Castle Forbes Lavender cream
...
I'm sure there's lots, lots more!
 

iamsms

Video Assistant Referee
Feather AS/D2, bought twice, sold twice. If I ever decide to use one razor only, I would buy this again, otherwise no.

Blackland BlackBird, waiting for my repurchased bird to reach home.
 

Randomangle

Über Bum
Feather AS/D2, bought twice, sold twice. If I ever decide to use one razor only, I would buy this again, otherwise no.

Blackland BlackBird, waiting for my repurchased bird to reach home.
That's what I did and I haven't bought another razor since. :banghead:
 

iamsms

Video Assistant Referee
That's what I did and I haven't bought another razor since. :banghead:
I once did a 6 pass shave with Feather AS/D2 and ended up having a face like my wife.

Then I thought that if I can do it in 6 passes but not in 3, it must be my technique that is at fault, after all, it is the blade that does the cutting not the razor.

Unfortunately, I decided that Feather is not a good match for me, as :

1. The proper angle for this razor is quite different from other razors I like
2. I don't have the technique (yet) required to get great shaves constantly from this razor
(I should note that getting a decent shave with this razor is easier than any other razor, but getting a great shave requires a much better technique and concentration)
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Wilkinson Protector.
When I started DE shaving I binned my ferrari-red Protector, the fool that I was. :facepalm:
Much later I needed to find out if the problems I had with it were caused by bad technique or not.
As they aren't very expensive I bought a blue one from Boots.
Turns out I can get very nice shaves from it and it is quite good looking, being designed by Kenneth Grange.
Advice to new DE shavers: Don't bin your cartridge razors. Put them away for a year, then try again...
 
Top