What are your top three De safety razors?

chazt

shave
I currently own two Weber razors both are polished and coated heads, and they both shaves above the Merkur 34C aggression, and slightly lower than the Goat.

The Weber razors are smoother than the 34C and the Goat, I’m very glad to have both Weber in my den and a REAL keeper until I R.I.P.
You lucky man. Not one, but two! Sure wish I’d have bought a Weber polished head when I bought my Wave handle. I. Just. Wasn’t. Thinking. Grumble, grumble, grrr…
Speedy, what‘s your opinion of the 34C head vs. the goat head? Besides the soup, of course.

Enjoy your shaves :wink:
 

SpeedyPC

The Dark Lord of Wet Shaving
You lucky man. Not one, but two! Sure wish I’d have bought a Weber polished head when I bought my Wave handle. I. Just. Wasn’t. Thinking. Grumble, grumble, grrr…
Speedy, what‘s your opinion of the 34C head vs. the goat head? Besides the soup, of course.

Enjoy your shaves :wink:
Testing side by side the Goat has the same blade gap as the 34C, and has more blade exposure or more blade feels than the 34C and the Weber.

The Weber blade gap isn't the same against the 34C and the Goat is slightly wider, the blade exposure or blade feels is the same as the 34C.
 
You lucky man. Not one, but two! Sure wish I’d have bought a Weber polished head when I bought my Wave handle. I. Just. Wasn’t. Thinking. Grumble, grumble, grrr…
Speedy, what‘s your opinion of the 34C head vs. the goat head? Besides the soup, of course.

Enjoy your shaves :wink:
Speedy did well with the Webers. They are truly exceptional razors an while I find them too mild for my liking, they always provide a very enjoyable shave.

I was never a fan Merkur 34C fan, Too mild and inefficient for my stubble. That's here the Goat + stepped in and provided a really close shave unlike the 34 which inspired it. having said that, the shave delivery of a Goat is totally different from the 34 and that's my personal view. Its a good razor but not one I'm tempted to pickup often.

Recently I was fortunate to use the Merkur Inox 34 for a number of shaves. Many grumble about the finish, the pricing, the fact that it is MIM and not CNC etc. but having used all the above razors including all versions of the 34, the INOX is another level of razor. It is still fairly mild but efficient and a testament to why Merkur's original design in SS tops all the rest in smoothness, edging out even the Webers.

Evey shavers opinion would differ but coming from a bloke who dislikes the original 34 C, the above feedback on the Inox does carry a bit of weight.
 
  • Like
Reactions: p.b

Randy

Forum GOD!
Testing side by side the Goat has the same blade gap as the 34C, and has more blade exposure or more blade feels than the 34C and the Weber.

The Weber blade gap isn't the same against the 34C and the Goat is slightly wider, the blade exposure or blade feels is the same as the 34C.
Pass the Weber to king Randy or else I'm telling the moderators you name calling me

Thanks for your co-operation
 

DesertIguana

Forum GOD!
Not sure I have a Top 1,2, or 3.........First thing is IMHO Razor is nothing but Blade Holder.

Great Wet Moist Slick Lather & Sharp Blade make Razor work, or not if you HAVE TECHNIQUE & SKILL.

Give me José Feliciano’s Guitar, and because I have no skill, I will not make great music. Just noise no one would pay to hear.
 
Last edited:

Johnny Bravo

Love Guru to the stars.
Not sure I have a Top 1,2, or 3.........First thing is IMHO Razor is nothing but Blade Holder.

Great Wet Moist Slick Lather & Sharp Blade make Razor work, or not if you HAVE TECHNIQUE & SKILL.

Give me José Feliciano’s Guitar, and because I have no skill, I will not make great music. Just noise no one would pay to hear.
I have Razors that shave completely different to each other, so for me there's a lot more to them other than just holding my blade.
Technique and skill do also play an important part but they don't complete the story.
 

DesertIguana

Forum GOD!
I have Razors that shave completely different to each other, so for me there's a lot more to them other than just holding my blade.
Technique and skill do also play an important part but they don't complete the story.

Yes there could be difference in Blade Angle & Exposure, but Razors are Blade Holders. Most of my 7 Razors are Vintage Gillette's, as I said Blade is GAME Changer.....Great Lather is important.............But if you have no Technique you have little change but block of consistent results.
 

DesertIguana

Forum GOD!
But they don't all hold the blade in the same way.
Well your right, maybe they all do not hold same, some allows different blade allow gap, or angle to b different in one Razor from another.

Skill & Technique are needed to master most tools. No skill or technique expect a es then best outcome.
 

Occams Razor

Forum GOD!
Yes there could be difference in Blade Angle & Exposure, but Razors are Blade Holders. Most of my 7 Razors are Vintage Gillette's, as I said Blade is GAME Changer.....Great Lather is important.............But if you have no Technique you have little change but block of consistent results.
Some razors hold the blade, while others clamp it. That is a significant difference, that can make even a good blade slice like a laser or chatter like grandpa's teeth when driving on a corrugated road.
 
Top