What are Your Pet Peeves?

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
*Not knowing the difference between an adverb and an adjective.
*Hyperbole and superlatives
*Over use of words such as pivot and conversation
*A condominium is a legal form of ownership (as is freehold, leasehold, or cooperative) and not an architectural style ie apartment/flat.. A condominium can be an apartment/flat, town house, office building, semi-detached house, or a detached house.

Last edited:

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I kind of like new words and phrases. For some reason I tend to pick up on words and the way people do things or wear their clothes. All of the pastors where I attend wear the same boots, and style. The 30's something women tuck in only the front of their shirts. Elevate and shifting is often heard.

Wickham-Soap-Co

Happy Shaving!
I like a good scam call. Gives me a chance to wind them up, tell them to get a proper job and call them nothing but a lying thief. Had a lovely chat once where I wound him up so far he started threatening me.
I like to do this to the HMRC scammers, even though it was me who called HMRC. :D

"Elevate your..." I don't know where this has suddenly come from, but it's everywhere from eBay listings to marketing blurb on websites and it's so pretentious.
A spin-off from, "level up your" thanks to the UK government for levelling up. Which they never did quite level up too much.

R181

Grumpy old man
Yea, brain dead bureaucrats are high on my list. I read this today.

I wonder how people imo this moronic can justify picking up their pay cheques. It is terrifying to think that if they can screw up something this simple what they would do with something complicated. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Bob

Falcon50

Designer tote bags and people whose sense of self-worth is so superficial, and whose priorities are so messed up that they are willing to pay a ridiculous price (up to $1000 in Japan) for a Trader's Joe's tote (at least until the next must-have fad comes along).

Falcon50

A spin-off from, "level up your" thanks to the UK government for levelling up. Which they never did quite level up too much.
I never noticed use of this term "Level up" until the last few days, after reading your post about it.
Since then, in the last three days, I've noticed it used four of times by different sources.
It keeps amazing me how the sheeple so readily adopt the herd behavior

In the meantime, I really appreciate how these forums have helped to level up my shaving experience!

Last edited: