Wet Shaving Club Artisan Razor

Shavemd

Forum GOD!
I just received this 304 SS razor from Wet Shaving Club last night. This razor is designed and made by Robert Bennett in the USA and is being sold by the Wet Shaving Club for $59.99.
Initial impressions on this razor.
Fit and Finish- The tolerances are very tight, the blade is loaded onto the baseplate similar to Wolfman Guerilla or RR Gamechanger. The blade is clamped tightly and very close to the edge of the blade. It lined up perfectly with no adjustments needed. There is overhang of the blade tabs on the edges. The sandblasted finish is very well done and even throughout the razor.
How it shaves- This is a very smooth razor with minimal blade feel. I would rank it on the mild side of medium aggressiveness but it delivered a very easy 3 pass WTG,XTG, ATG Shave. There is no blade chatter at all. The handle provides very good grip even when wet, it is on the shorter side, but is very well balanced. I will need to use this for a few shaves but my first impression is if you are a daily shaver and are looking for comfort and don’t mind doing a 3 pass shave this razor is worth looking into. Here are a few pics, one next to my Timeless Ti to give some perspective of size.
350DFD4B-AF3D-4335-AB4B-07F4C63D1CBA.jpeg
BD1A2B48-25EB-45D6-A762-EE3CEC8E5267.jpeg
A692E328-06C4-499D-AFB9-EE8DE4131E83.jpeg

snackgoblin

Über Member
Very nice blade clamping, and with the small size and reasonable price, maybe a good option for a travel razor. Nice pictures, thanks for the writeup.

Shavemd

Forum GOD!
I emailed Robert, the gentleman who created this razor, and it is a neutral blade exposure with a 0.02 inch blade gap. After getting a few shaves in with this razor I am finding it a very pleasant razor.

Shavemd

Forum GOD!
After playing with my Rocnel Sailor and Taiga for the last couple weeks I pulled out this razor tonight, it is so smooth and mindless, especially after using the Sailor at 10. Just another wonderful 3 pass shave.