TV shows you are - or will be - watching.

I miss all those Adult Swim cartoons, although they might not be as funny to me now…Venture Brothers, Space Ghost, SeaLab 2001, etc.

I started watching The Magicians. It’s terrible, and embarrassing, but I needed some brain bleach.

Also picked back up on Resident Alien, which is slightly less bad than The Magicians. I’m well into season two.
 

purerockfury

..........
I miss all those Adult Swim cartoons, although they might not be as funny to me now…Venture Brothers, Space Ghost, SeaLab 2001, etc.

I started watching The Magicians. It’s terrible, and embarrassing, but I needed some brain bleach.

Also picked back up on Resident Alien, which is slightly less bad than The Magicians. I’m well into season two.
only a few or whatever Adult Swim cartoons we watched regulary kinda... butt a long-time friend would typically put AS on in the background when we were board or vidja gaming... got a bunch of laughs & giggles...

don't know the other 2 shows... haven't had cabletv for awhile...
 
only a few or whatever Adult Swim cartoons we watched regulary kinda... butt a long-time friend would typically put AS on in the background when we were board or vidja gaming... got a bunch of laughs & giggles...

don't know the other 2 shows... haven't had cabletv for awhile...
The other two shows are objectively bad. I wouldn’t recommend. The Magicians is for super nerds-it’s like The Legacy and Once Upon a Time (the wife watched those), complete with all the cheesiest character tropes. Teenagers at a school for magic, who don’t seem to actually spend any time in school. Paranormal teen romance might describe it best. Low production values for the most part, although a lot of the interiors seem like genuine Prairie/Arts&Crafts estates.

Resident Alien is fun and silly. Alan Tudyk portrays a crash-landed extra terrestrial. The role really suits him. But the plot is sort of all over the place, and a little slow. Reminds me of Northern Exposure.
 

SpeedyPC

The Dark Lord of Wet Shaving
I miss all those Adult Swim cartoons, although they might not be as funny to me now…Venture Brothers, Space Ghost, SeaLab 2001, etc.

I started watching The Magicians. It’s terrible, and embarrassing, but I needed some brain bleach.

Also picked back up on Resident Alien, which is slightly less bad than The Magicians. I’m well into season two.
I missed all my tv old favourite cartoons from Walt Disney, Bugs Bunny, etc, etc, all from the 40’s to the 80’s. Nearly all of them were banned, because, of racism crap :cry:
 

purerockfury

..........
The other two shows are objectively bad. I wouldn’t recommend. The Magicians is for super nerds-it’s like The Legacy and Once Upon a Time (the wife watched those), complete with all the cheesiest character tropes. Teenagers at a school for magic, who don’t seem to actually spend any time in school. Paranormal teen romance might describe it best. Low production values for the most part, although a lot of the interiors seem like genuine Prairie/Arts&Crafts estates.

Resident Alien is fun and silly. Alan Tudyk portrays a crash-landed extra terrestrial. The role really suits him. But the plot is sort of all over the place, and a little slow. Reminds me of Northern Exposure.
we like most of what Al Tudyk is in... of course it started with Firefly... we like most cheesey shows & movies... most our people & me are big b-z movie fans & MST3K-Rifftrax fans...

I missed all my tv old favourite cartoons from Walt Disney, Bugs Bunny, etc, etc, all from the 40’s to the 80’s. Nearly all of them were banned, because, of racism crap :cry:
our faves too... we've been trying to make a Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator... hahaha... there were attempts at edited episodes butt they were crap... back in the 90s or so... there were these record sized dvds... a friend found unedited Warner Bros seasons...
 

SpeedyPC

The Dark Lord of Wet Shaving
our faves too... we've been trying to make a Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator... hahaha... there were attempts at edited episodes butt they were crap... back in the 90s or so... there were these record sized dvds... a friend found unedited Warner Bros seasons..
Unedited Warner Bros cartoons are not available anymore, because, too many people are still complaining about it…. F 🖕 them.
 

Michael_W

Senior Member
I'm planning on catching 'All of Us Are Dead', the Korean zombie drama that's been getting rave reviews. I liked 'Kingdom', a Korean zombie show set in the late 16th century, so this should be good.
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I watched the first episode of Monster: The Lizzie Borden Story on Netflix last night, I'm hooked- good cast, big budget; really enjoyed it.

I saw that and was briefly interested, but then I remembered Monster: The Ed Gein story and that put me off. I should really give it a try, the one about Dahmer was good.
 

semajohn

Forum GOD!
I saw that and was briefly interested, but then I remembered Monster: The Ed Gein story and that put me off. I should really give it a try, the one about Dahmer was good.
This latest Monster doesn't bounce about from one story line to another, like the Ed Gein's did.

But still not as good as the first two seasons.
 
Top