The ultimate lavender products? Soap, aftershave, fragrance...

Reevers

Berlin Calling
Most bases are covered already, my only add is L'Occitan by L'Occitane. Like most series by L'Occitane you can expect bar soap, shower gel, balm and EDT.

I've only used the bar soap in the past, but I always enjoy a sniff of the EDT at my local store.

It is a woody lavender, rather than herbal lavender.
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Martin de Candre. I have a four year old jar that smells intoxicating! But I suppose Castle Forbes Lavender and Mike's Hungarian Lavender for a more straight-up hit. My other choices would be DR Harris soap and Speick cream.
 

Belfont

Forum GOD!
Barrister black label Lavender, fantastic lavender scent
and the last soap I bought, CRSW Provence, lavender, rosemary with a light touch of menthol, very fresh , I love it
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I've just ordered some NSS lavender, will let you know what I think when it arrives. It's scented with EO, so I'm expecting good things.

I used CF last night, even though I didn't load enough and the lather was a bit thin it still performed well. I just wish they did a soap, flying in the face of convention I find soaps easier than creams.
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Holy Threadromancy batman!

I had to revisit this thread having recently bought a tub of B&M Barrister's Reserve lavender. This stuff is the bomb! The packaging's really nice, it’s a plastic tub but it’s heavy and very clear and feels high-quality with a very nice waterproof label. The scent is incredible, it’s hands down the best lavender-scented thing I’ve ever come across, CF included. Performance is excellent too.

My search is over, for as long as they keep making it this is my lavender soap.
 
Last edited:

halvor

a most elusive fish
Holy Threadromancy batman!

I had to revisit this thread having recently bought a tub of B&M Barrister's Reserve lavender. This stuff is the bomb! The packaging's really nice, it’s a plastic tub but it’s heavy and very clear and feels high-quality with a very nice waterproof label. The scent is incredible, it’s hands down the best lavender-scented thing I’ve ever come across, CF included. Performance is excellent too.

My search is over, for a long as they keep making it this is my lavender soap.
:thumbsup: It’s based on Caldey, ever tried that?
 

Randomangle

Über Bum
I haven’t but now I’m tempted. It’s two hours since I shaved and I still keep getting a faint whiff of it.
Samples are available from Roullier White for an astonishing £1 ... not sure how much delivery is and I can’t put a link because I haven’t worked out how to do it yet. Been busy shaving. :thumbsup:
 

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Lavender wise, I use it in cooking and as icing on choux pastries but I also make Lavender water and more recently Lavender aftershave.
I have a garden full of English and French lavender from which I gather about 3 or 4 good handfuls of Flowers ONLY . Give it a light wash and cook on a stove or in a microwave for 5 mins on stove/ 3 mins microwave - stir half way through. Then let it cool off and strain. You now have a lovely Lavender water, if you want aftershave add volume 20% Vodka, 30% which hazel and 50% lavender water. This is all down to what you like.
All that is needed for
Lavender water

3 or 4 handfuls of lavender
1 Cup of water - bring to a boil and allow to cool.
Strain and bottle, will keep for a few months.
 

Randomangle

Über Bum
Lavender wise, I use it in cooking and as icing on choux pastries but I also make Lavender water and more recently Lavender aftershave.
I have a garden full of English and French lavender from which I gather about 3 or 4 good handfuls of Flowers ONLY . Give it a light wash and cook on a stove or in a microwave for 5 mins on stove/ 3 mins microwave - stir half way through. Then let it cool off and strain. You now have a lovely Lavender water, if you want aftershave add volume 20% Vodka, 30% which hazel and 50% lavender water. This is all down to what you like.
All that is needed for
Lavender water
3 or 4 handfuls of lavender
1 Cup of water - bring to a boil and allow to cool.
Strain and bottle, will keep for a few months.
Hiw do you use it icing-wise, do you mix the flowers in plain icing? I tried growing lavender in our front garden but someone kindly removed them.
 

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
Is that the EDT or the Aftershave?
EdT I'd say but the aftershave is great and seems to have a hint of menthol in there too. The EdT has been highly acclaimed by Luca Turin (fragrance reviewer - releases a book, yearly, called 'The Perfume Guide').
 
Top