The soap or the brush

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Mad isn't it how differently these products interact with our individual skin? Little wonder a consensus can never be reached and we just say YMMV :happy:
Yep a two headed snake, limits cohesion but introduces personality :)

Nice teasing addition with the Yardley!
 

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
My guess is the razor :welcome:

My synthetics seem to lather quicker. Could be the holiday routine is different and thus not as good.
 

halvor

a most elusive fish
You lucky sod. For being away in Tenerife, yes, but that's not the main point here: my shaves while away are pretty consistently poorer than home ones, wherever and for whichever reason. Never tried the soap nor the brush in question though.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
It is probably a combination of the soap and brush. The Speick is excellent and the synthetic brush is very efficient at making lather. Without a good lather the best razor/blade combination is on the back foot. Never underestimate the value of a good lather.

Over the years I have found that for me a shave stick and either a synthetic or boar brush produce the best results for me while traveling. A small shave stick like the Speick or Palmolive ones combined with an Omega Bambino, Simpsons Classic 1 synthetic or Muhle travel synthetic shave brush make for a nice compact travel kit and tons of excellent lather. At least that has been the case for me.

Bob
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Is it the soap or the brush? What about the water?

I don’t want to drag this thread down a ‘hard water’ hole but I’ve found shaving in different parts of the country has an effect on my lather. Nothing else had changed apart from my location….just saying.

BTW I hope you're having a nice holiday.
Fab mate thanks
 

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
How about a bit of ocean lather, shouldn’t need softening.
That’ll catch the ladies eyes and you can shave off your dangly plaited beard.

BTW your eyeliner looks spot on.........I thought that took practice............Oh!

1CA1FC7F-BF1B-4FA3-A2BA-71438EA87F3D.jpeg
 
Last edited:

halvor

a most elusive fish
I wonder if anyone has tried making a lather with sea water, certainly has a lot of minerals.
I shaved in the sea once, with Cremo and a disposable razor. Not a bad shave, but I used the cream brushless (and the water was rather chilly, an astringent in itself). Wouldn’t the salt potentially be a lather breaker, though?
 
Top