The bastardization of wet shaving

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
To a great degree, I agree with the OP. Then again, I'm as guilty as the next guy... Sometimes I think, perhaps moreso!

Guilty as charged! :)

BTW, I remember a time, pre internet, when shaving was a chore performed just to remove stubble in an attempt to look semi-presentable..
 
Last edited:

ajc347

Forum GOD!
Interestingly enough, my tastes have worked through the next, new, best thing when it comes to soaps and I’m now back where I started; triple milled soaps and cheap (albeit synthetic knotted) brushes.

Razors are the main area where things have changed for me as more modern designs tend to suit my face better.

Saying that, I’ve not bought any new gear since Brexit so I think I’ve finally reached my saturation point.

New and fancy labels certainly don’t appeal to me in the slightest these days.
 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Interestingly enough, my tastes have worked through the next, new, best thing when it comes to soaps and I’m now back where I started; triple milled soaps and cheap (albeit synthetic knotted) brushes.

Razors are the main area where things have changed for me as more modern designs tend to suit my face better.

Saying that, I’ve not bought any new gear since Brexit so I think I’ve finally reached my saturation point.

New and fancy labels certainly don’t appeal to me in the slightest these days.
It’s funny mate, I’m sort of there too to some degree. Partly facilitated by temporary financial issues, but aside from my Løthur soaps I’ve been discovering budget stuff again and you realise that you can get a great shave from even the cheapest gear.
 

arlopez

Forum GOD!
I think those brush handles colors/soap labels are to some extent a reflection of everyone's individuality/personality so you can't expect to have everyone with the same taste.

That's why they are made by artisans, because they are ordered according to your own taste and not like, the faux ivory color the 'ol Simpsons brushes were famous for.

Now, for soap labels, I don't buy those to display them, but if I was to display something on by sink counter or something like that, probably I would yank them out of their container and put them in lets say a wooden bowl or something more appealing to me.

But what may be appealing to me, may be bland to some one else........like those faux ivory Simpson brushes.
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
Oh I don’t know,, pink can be very tasteful…..

it has taken me this long to understand that my five year old self was seriously wise AF. 😉
My daughter (16 hates the girlie girl vibe) told me she loved the blue one and thought the “pink one” looked silly. I told her “cool” I’m good with silly.
103859F9-7C33-482C-B689-00F1E60E6969.jpeg
FD83E0EC-D5F2-43B4-A175-ECA59132E809.jpeg

The blue one is better thou.
 
Top