Stocking up before January

SeanC

Forum GOD!
A trade deal only really impacts on commercial importers. Currently we pay VAT at source on EU purchases. This will stop and the purchase price will be VAT free. After this point it will be like a lottery as it is now for non-EU purchases. Those that get intercepted will attract UK VAT + £8 ransom fee, those that slip through will in essence be cheaper.
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
It seems the only items then are the Eufros soaps from Manuel (and maybe Dashio?) and I'm guessing Manuel doesn't pay VAT so it won't be cheaper for us. I've placed an order with him but I suspect I've probably left it too late to sneak in given the current state of the UK ports.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Saponificio Varesino is a good choice to stock.
 

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
I was a tad concerned about rumours, however unfounded they may be, that Tabac's shaving soap puck maybe discontinued. Just in case Tabac is discontinued and just in case we do have a hard Brexit with tariffs slapped on everything; the pound is given another haircut and French fisherman blockade ports and the channel tunnel for a few years - I increased my stock of Tabac; my equanimity has now been restored and that warm, fuzzy, secure feeling has returned :)...
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Well, the plan was working. I had the Eufros order in the UK before the end of the year and in the hands of the Royal Mail who have it shown as delivered and signed for last Thursday but its not my signature in the box.
Whoa my mailman was transfered in the UK??
 

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Royal Mail has apparently suspended deliveries to mainland Europe, Canada and Turkey; Deutsche Post has halted deliveries to the UK and Ireland. And Macron's only response to the UK's request for some flexibility with ports, freight, air and the tunnel is no! I am guessing many deliveries are going to be delayed. No idea how businesses small and large will navigate this...
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
:cursing: The heads from Yaqi and the DSCosmetic T4 brush will arrive when cars will be flying.
 

Mastropiero

Forum GOD!
Well, that's three razors I'm gonna have to wait a while before I get them, they've been dispatched just today.....
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I've got enough soap to last me years. Only one US soap, Stirling. The rest are EU/UK and to be honest I can only see me buying Signature in the future. So nope, I won't be stocking up... Should have maybe bought some blades though...
 

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
I've got enough soap to last me years. Only one US soap, Stirling. The rest are EU/UK and to be honest I can only see me buying Signature in the future. So nope, I won't be stocking up... Should have maybe bought some blades though...
I was going to try the Unscented version of this, as it gets rave reviews on here. Any other scents recommended?
 
Top