Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Agar

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Barbershop

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 1881

Stirling really has a massive choice and ot all comes down to your scent preferences.

Personally, I find the glacials too cold. I like them every once in a while but definitely not for everyday shave. Cool but not cold would be Margaritas. A very nice, sweet and orangy, yet refreshing. Like it a lot.

Also there are the fragrance dupes. My favorite is the Mountain Man, a cologne, citrusy scent. Love it. Sharp dressed man is a discreet and clean scent, not to intrussive. Arkadia is nice also, a bit "dryer", as is the original terredhermes fragrance.
Executive Man for me is not a good representation of Creed Aventus. I tried many of them, and there are far better "clones" and far better Stirlings.

Barbershop is special, not like mainstream citrus/basil type barbershop most artisan have. It's a mix i cant define, but very strong in scent and it could burn the skin due to vanilla or some ingredients.

One more favorite of mine is Ozark Mountain. Fresh and clean. Its a woody scent but it does not smell like woods :) it reminds me of a laundry detergent but in a good way.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
So the Barbershop will burn my skin?

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
I have been thinking of the Iced Pineapple and don't know if I should wait in the hope of a Glacial version. I have Glacial Wintergreen which I like.....but the Menthol hit is brutal

shadowman12

Legendary Member
6 Glacials. (summer scents)
I found the summer scents

Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo - Our popular Sharp Dressed Man fragrance with enough menthol to make a polar bear buy a timeshare in Florida. (Fragrance Oil, Menthol Level: 10/10 - Availability: Spring/Summer)
Glacial Lemon Chill - Dunk my head into a bucket of ice-cold lemonade? Why, yes, that sounds positively delightful! Made with pure Lemon essential oil and super high menthol. (Essential Oil, Menthol Level: 10/10 - Standard Line)
Glacial Obsidian - Sweet anise with a high concentration of menthol. (Essential Oil, Menthol Level: 10/10 - Availability: Spring/Summer)
Glacial Spearmint - This scent is like a punch in the face from a snowman. A snowman who loves to chew gum. Made with Spearmint essential oil and one of the highest concentrations of menthol you will find. (Essential Oil, Menthol Level: 10/10 - Availability: Spring/Summer)
Glacial Wintergreen - This scent is like a punch in the face from a snowman. A snowman who just brushed his teeth. Made with Wintergreen essential oil and one of the highest concentrations of menthol you will find. (Essential Oil, Menthol Level: 10/10 - Availability: Spring/Summer)

Stirling has a page where the describe all their scents:

https://www.stirlingsoap.com/pages/scent-descriptions

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1881

Α mentholated soap from Stirling is an excellent choice! It feels nice on the face after a cold splash of water!

Oasisdave

Forum GOD!
I voted Iced Pineapple because I have it and it's amazing. I like to follow a shave up with Aventis type aftershaves as the Pineapple goes nicely with those. As far as a Glacial version I find the Iced is just about as cold as I would want. I've used one of Stirling Glacial soaps before and it was just to much for me. Never used Agar so can't comment. What I will say about the Barbershop is that to me it was really powdery in the scent especially the aftershave splash.

Last edited:

pimple8

Forum GOD!
I had wintergreen and it was too cold for me. Like i put my face on ice.
I still got samples of glacial obsidian and spearmint, they smell nice, but still havent tried them. Waiting for the hot days. :)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk