Still cannot get close under the schnozz

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Under nose for me is easy with the 6s ( and some others ) . Have to go direct atg after a wtg and aross passes and with a direct down to up buffing action. That said I find the outer edges of the top lip take some buffing, more so than direct under the air intakes. . We are all different and shall remain so.
 

Diesel

Forum GOD!
I just use my old Schick Hydro 5 with the comfort strip pulled back at the end of my shave and it gets in close under my nose. I still have 4 or so cartridges left so that should last a long time
 

Rasatura Bagnata

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
Although PILS has never stated (that I know of) anything about the coving at both ends of the blade guard, I believe that they are there to get in and around the nose areas that are giving you trouble. That's what I use the coving areas for and it works quite well.

 

Koiguchi

Well-Known Member
Back when I was a teen a mortar round got a bit close and burnt and tore my face and right side up dang bad. had an eye patch for almost a year.

The right side of my nose and underneath is scars a top scars. The Jagger and Feather blades will just cut the heck out of them.
After its cut I have to let the hair grow while the scars heal over.
I use a 1950s Super Speed silver tip for that region. It is gentle enough to roll over the scars instead of leveling them flat.
 

Keto

Forum GOD!
There’s a product from Leaf Shave (who makes the Leaf razor) called The Twig that was a small plastic razor they optionally bundled with the Leaf designed explicitly for getting under the nose and around the ears. They’re making a stainless version now, might be worth looking at.
Maybe something like this. When I started I'd use a cartridge to get in/around the nostrils. I agree some razors are better than there counterparts.
I use the corner of the blade and go this way that way and the other too. Sometimes I'll get a weeper from scrubbing too much and just quit at that point. Soap up and relathering helps a bit. Sometimes I have to try to not feel the spot or I wanna shave it more. Some of us have to deal with places like this and others not so much. Let us know if you find anything that make a difference. Luck to you!
 

Keto

Forum GOD!
I can get them ATG/XTG but I also, before or after the DE, use the back of a Fusion or Skinguard occasionally. That single blade on back works a charm every time.

View attachment 61120
+1 but with a Schick razor with a flip up rear PC.
edit: sorry it's actually a front that flips up, it been a bit since I used it.
 
Last edited:
Top