SOTD Saturday 4th March – Friday 10th March 2017

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
3.8.2017

Hot Towel Prep
Palmolive Shave Stick remilled to Old Spice mug
"The Rowl" ATG LE DO-1 Two Band
Wacker Feinster Hohlschliff 7/8
Scrupleworks Vegetable Tanned Horse .. 30/50
Witch Hazel
Pashana Original AfterShave Splash

Very pleased with the performance of "The Rowl." The added loft was enough to tame the DO-1 Two Band know, which is very dense. A great shave from some little used performers ..

 
Last edited:

Ram57

Forum GOD!

Thursday Planned SOTD



Razor: Supply Provision The Single Edge
Blade: Personna (D2)
Brush: Oscar11 Aqua\White SOC Boar
Bowl: Doug Smith 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Aventus
Pre-Shave Balm: Vitos
Shave Soap: L&L Grooming After the Rain
Post: Monster Block Alum
Aftershave: L&L Grooming After the Rain
​
 

halvor

a most elusive fish
Snapseed.jpg


The Rowl D01 | B&M Seville | Blackbird SB / Astra SP (2) | Nivea Sensitive balm | Guerlain Habit Rouge

Holy smokes, this was a fabulous shave: The immediacy and crispness of the Blackbird,; the full-on but still gentle pushback of the D01 knot; the great grip and ergonomics of the brush handle; the match of Seville and Habit Rouge - an Amalfi lemon on a lightly toasted wooden board, adorned in a balsam of herbs and florals. Huge thanks -again- to Rob for the razor, Avnish for the knot recommendation, Lee for the brush.
 

flobberdob

Forum GOD!
Gillette Wilkinson
Lord Classic
Wimmie Bowl
Razprock Plissoft
Tcheon Fung Sing Ambassador
Nivea Balm
AXE Black

I've had significantly better shaves.

Some perhaps will say it's me, I say it's the razor!

Ready for a cappuccino with .....

Have a nice day everyone.
​


http://i.imgur.com/6GP7LTj.jpg[/img]']

I find it to be an extremely mild razor, anymore than two days growth and I just can't get a dfs with even 3 passes. So I don't think it's just you!
 

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
09 March 2017

Preshave: Hot water + bloom water
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Shaving Soap: Tabac
Razor: PAL Injecto-Matic
Blade: Chick SE (10)
Aftershave Balm: Rock Face Shave Butter
Aftershave: Avon Rugger (vintage)

Uncharted waters for me at day ten. No sign of blade drag yet, although the slickness of the soap undoubtedly helped to achieve another near BBS result.

I took a leaf out of Uncle Bertie's book and have just bought a vintage Avon aftershave. I haven't seen this for decades and the scent lasts much longer than any of my modern ASs. Good to get reacquainted.

Happy days.

Regards,
Chris
 

Robyflexx

Forum GOD!
09 March 2017

Preshave: Hot water + bloom water
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Shaving Soap: Tabac
Razor: PAL Injecto-Matic
Blade: Chick SE (10)
Aftershave Balm: Rock Face Shave Butter
Aftershave: Avon Rugger (vintage)

Uncharted waters for me at day ten. No sign of blade drag yet, although the slickness of the soap undoubtedly helped to achieve another near BBS result.

I took a leaf out of Uncle Bertie's book and have just bought a vintage Avon aftershave. I haven't seen this for decades and the scent lasts much longer than any of my modern ASs. Good to get reacquainted.

Happy days.

Regards,
Chris
Chris I'm convinced people toss these Chick blades prematurely. I once achieved 28 shaves with one. Not advisable but doable. :highfive:
 
Last edited:
Top