SOTD: Saturday 4 May- Friday 10 May 2024

CRISANTO

Forum GOD!
Sunday, May 5, 2024.
  • Paco Rabanne, Invictus: 1) Lotion aftershave, 2) Balm aftershave and 3) EdT
  • Phoenix Artisian Accountratements, Speakeasy, shaving soap.
  • Plisson Evolution, synthetic hair, nikeked copper handle.
  • Hart Steel, Thin blue line, 0-1 steel, 6/8 blade, 1/4 hollow ground, satin finish and autentic carbon fiber scales.
IMG_7373.jpeg

Wrong End Chihuahua

Über Member

SOTD: 5th May 2024.

View attachment 150450

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm synthetic.
Face Lather
Lather: La Barbiera Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Milton Lloyd Essentials No 17 EdP.

Greetings,

A wonderful performance from the Chinese Gillette super speed clone & the Dorco Prime Platinum blade duo.

Carrying on with the 2nd of the La Barbiera shaving soap, I tried a face lather rubbing the soap directly into my stubble then building the lather on my face which like the Sweet Orange, the classic performed wonderfully. I prefer to face lather with hard soaps ,that's why I like shave sticks so much. The scent of the Classic soap to my nose has a pleasant woody/spice fragrance which will be great for the Autumn & Winter months.

I'll switch to face lathering with a boar brush in my next two shaves to see if I get the same lathering results as I have done with my synthetic brush.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No 17 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.😉

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.😎

I have the same Baili TTO, just in a different finish (BD179 silver). It’s indeed a very nice shaver. Just a tad milder than my “40s style” 1953 Gillette Superspeed, so probably a little more aggressive than the later models.

Palmolive-Fox

Forum GOD!
I have the same Baili TTO, just in a different finish (BD179 silver). It’s indeed a very nice shaver. Just a tad milder than my “40s style” 1953 Gillette Superspeed, so probably a little more aggressive than the later models.
I've never yet had the pleasure of trying a 40s style superspeed. The Baili TTO, is.a great daily shaver, fitted with an aggressive blade it's quite efficient.

Ram57

Forum GOD!

Menthol Monday SOTD
20240505_172111 (2).jpg

Razor: Schick Repeating Razor B2
Blade: Schick Injector (D1)
Brush: Oumo General - Platinum 27mm
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: MAOL & Grooming Dept FrankinLime Iced
Balm: Butter: Luxx Jasmine Lime
Aftershave: MAOL FrankinLime

Ron191

Forum GOD!
20240505_214423.jpg

Wilkinson TTO razor
Trig Silver edge stainless steel blade (2)
Omega boar brush
Arko shaving soap
Jade East aftershave

Hot shower prep with Tommy Bahama 3 in 1 wash
The Arko soap is a bit of not what you'd expect. There is this sort of industrial smell combined with a citronella/citrus background. It's not unpleasant, its just far enough out of most western experience to freak some people out. If you put that aside it is a very effective soap. It has great cushion and great slickness. The second use on the Trig blade Gaines some in smoothness but lost some efficiency. This was a three pass shave. It's Sunday night so I did an ATG pass. To get the residual soap I used a wet washcloth. I used a generous amount of Jade East to finish.

Levi

Forum GOD!
SOTD: 06/05/2024

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 3rd use
Brush: Shavemac Germania Silvertip Two Band Badger
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Baker Street Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Baker Street Aftershave
Fragrance: Stirling Baker Street EdT

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS
D3BA93DD-65A8-445A-8150-B6984938D58D.jpeg