SOTD: Saturday 4 May- Friday 10 May 2024

Palmolive-Fox

Forum GOD!

SOTD: 5th May 2024.

50.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm synthetic.
Face Lather
Lather: La Barbiera Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Milton Lloyd Essentials No 17 EdP.

Greetings,

A wonderful performance from the Chinese Gillette super speed clone & the Dorco Prime Platinum blade duo.

Carrying on with the 2nd of the La Barbiera shaving soap, I tried a face lather rubbing the soap directly into my stubble then building the lather on my face which like the Sweet Orange, the classic performed wonderfully. I prefer to face lather with hard soaps ,that's why I like shave sticks so much. The scent of the Classic soap to my nose has a pleasant woody/spice fragrance which will be great for the Autumn & Winter months.

I'll switch to face lathering with a boar brush in my next two shaves to see if I get the same lathering results as I have done with my synthetic brush.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No 17 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.😉

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.😎

Stilgar

Über Member
Hi Guys,

Second try with the Timeless 0.68 stainless steel with a Feather blade...

IMG_1144.JPG

Homemade shaving soap - not bad at all - it would need more time to gain more potential ...

Woody amber scent, a shaving soap with tallow, kokum butter, shea butter and lanolin :bravo:

Mühle synthetic brush newly acquired - indeed - it's not bad - but impossible to find out if it is equipped with the new Mühle fibers :confused:

The razor - well that's better - he is damn effective !

A shave in full consciousness was essential to feel, to hear, to watch the beast at work - because it cuts and we don't really realize it
(The Feather was even a little too much for me for a second shave)

A separate experience, with a separate razor, to use the words of my friend with whom we had a good chat on it ...

A razor that will require time to fully appreciate its potential - "Timeless" - I started to better understand the meaning of the brand today :)

Happy Sunday !

Tonyschin

Pogonotomist
05/05/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Jayaruh #355 Synth Maggards Knot
Soap - Ariana & Evans Pamplemousse
Razor - Heinr. Böker "Piccadilly" 7/8
Edge by - Tonyschin
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Dior Sauvage
Wk 19 (2).jpg

A wonderful bit of sink time this morning, a wonderful lather with a 2 pass shave routine leaving me with a DFS+ finish.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited: