SOTD: Saturday 3 February - Friday 9 February 2024

bartje-p

Forum GOD!
sotd 3-2

Lovely shave again today. I must say, I do like this milder brother of my 84-P very much too. Only difference with the .84-P I notice is around the jawline. That takes a bit more attention to clean it up properly.

Razorock Game Changer 0.68-P, super knurl handle
Shapu Super Stainless (2)
Frank Shaving Pur-tech
Hendrix Classics & Co - Hidden Goddess (sample)
Tabac Original AS
Balea Men Energy ASB

 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Barbasol Floating Head, Astra SP, VDH soap, Aqua Velva

Just a side note, I found an Astra SP in my staff of stuff with a different label from the one's I bought recently. It lasted for at least a dozen used. The one I have been using degraded significantly with fewer than four uses.
IMG_8687.jpeg
 

axeman556

Über Member
Sotd 2-3-24

A wonderful bbs Saturday morning shave! Fon goldenstar wedge is a effortless shaver , paired up with Murphy & McNeil's tobac fanaile only heightened the experience further. If your in the market for a new soap I highly highly recommend M&M , they have some of the best soaps on the market and the post shave feel is heavenly.
Compress_20240203_084916_6023.jpg
 

Tonyschin

Pogonotomist
03/02/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Signature Soap Danum
Razor - Blackland Sabre
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk 06 (1).jpg

A very welcome change using the Signature soaps from nigh-on a month using the same soap. A fantastic lather was had today making the shave with the Sabre even easier.
BBS and comfortable from 3 passes.
C'mon England!
Come On Sport GIF by World Rugby

Enjoy your day all.
 

TomG

Forum GOD!
7VcpA0J.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Sir Irisch Moos
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave Lotion

This shaving cream exceeded my expectations.
 

IAMSPARTACUSRTY

Über Member
02/03

Pre-Shave: Warm Shower, Proraso White
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (7th Use)
Razor: Muhle R41
Brush: Muhle Chrome Silvertip 21 mm
Cream: Proraso Red
Post-Shave: Alum Block, Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel with Rose Water

Didn't need to shave, but felt like it. I had a nice run on a beautiful sunny day so I had to shower. Figured, why not capitalize on this wonderful day with a shave.

I had some time so I bowl lathered today. I got a nice Proraso moist lather, not as watery as the Italian barbers, but solid.

I did 2.5 passes today. One pass on my right neck side to reduce chances of irritation. I also loaded up the soap in that area.

I had some tugging on the 2nd pass going across the grain on my right jawline. I normally have some tugging in that area, but this felt more than usual which I took as a sign that it isn't just technique, but also an old blade. Not sure if that is accurate, but nonetheless I tossed the blade in the grave bank.

I did a 3rd pass ATG on the cheeks and chin with no problems. I even did ATG under my chin where I normally get stuck on the skin and would avoid for said reason. I don't know why I did it ATG this time, but it went smooth with the light touch.

All in all, I am really impressed with my shave. Going to give it an 8 out 10.

20240203_094946.jpg
 
Top