SOTD: Saturday 18 February - Friday 24 February 2023

Str8_Shaver

Forum GOD!
18 February, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: Gentleman’s Nod: Zaharoff Signature Leather Tabac ( C4 )
Post: CeraVe moisturising lotion..
Fragrance: Zaharoff Signature Leather Tabac.. well, what else?

1st time with the Platinum, and although I ended up with a terrific shave, I was a little disappointed in the fact that it didn't come across as smooth as I anticipated.. 1st pass was quite tuggy, but it settled down as I got into the shave.. time will tell with that one.. maybe needs corking before 1st use. We shall see.
The Nod is exemplary in its performance, and the fact that they got the scent spot on is worthy of much applause.
Yeah, a great shave, with only a minor issue...
 

churchilllafemme

Forum GOD!
Saturday AM 2023-02-18
Mark Twain published 'The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn' on this date in 1885


Rooney Stubby 3XL Porcelain Finest (2-ring) (30/52)
Floris Elite shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Damascus Adamas
Personna 74 Tungsten (7)
Floid Blue aftershave

The cream has retained its scent better than old soaps do and better than most old creams, and it made excellent lather. Unfortunately, it is almost gone, and I have never seen it offered other the one time when I bought it. The razor gives me great auditory feedback yet is very efficient and extremely smooth with the vintage blade.
 
Top