SOTD Saturday 16th June - Friday 22nd June 2018

Fidelis

Forum GOD!
Friday morning shave:

Pre.: Hot water rinse, coconut oil, Proraso green pre-shave cream
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Meißner Tremonia - Absenta Fougère
Razor: Mühle R41 (2013) on a Mühle Stylo black resin handle
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (4th use)
Post.: Hot water rinse, alum, cold water rinse, 444 gel, Myrsol Emulsion, Myrsol "Formula K", Tom Ford "Plum Japonais" EdP

Smooth, easy shave, the R41 holds itself remarkably well against its competitors :happy:


Wishing an enjoyable and pleasant Friday! :okay:
 
Last edited:

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
22 June 2018

Preshave: Hot water rinse + bloom water
Razor: Pal Injecto-Matic
Blade: Chinese Schick (4)
Brush: New Forest Badger
Shave Soap: Tabac
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Cooling
Aftershave: Tabac

An enjoyable shave where everything simply works. Tabac has grown on me since my early uses and is one of the best all round performers. I'm intrigued by the scent so the AS (a recent present) just rounds off the experience.

I'm near BBS and refreshed. Have a good day.

Regards,
Chris
 

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Friday 22nd June





RSC facial Scrub
Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Preshave
OSP Shogun Shaving Cream
Semogue SOC Taj Badger/Boar Brush
Little Wren Bowl
Parker Variant Razor (3,3, 4.5) with a 7 O'Clock Yellow Blade
Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Aqua Velva AS


Three passes for a 'lots of face feeling' BBS shave
upload_2018-6-22_10-22-17.gif
 
Last edited:

Str8_Shaver

Forum GOD!
Wednesday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Barbaros TR-1
Blade: Treet Black Beauty
Brush: ‘Il Cinghiale’ (Zenith EURO/RX)
Soap: Skullbuster: Kumbaya
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / L'Occitane Cade After Shave Balm

decided to throw caution to the wind with this shave, and try the TR-1 with a Black Beauty, and.... despite the fact that I've used blades that were far worse, and the shave was actually quite good, it's not one I'll be reaching for often..


Friday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock’ (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: 'The Duke' (Duke 3 Best)
Soap: Shannon's "Lit"
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Chatillon Lux Santal Auster Post-Shave Salve

OK, I'll hold my hands up, and admit to the fact that I'd totally forgotten how good Shannon's regular base is... having been super impressed with their Rust Belt Reserve offering, which really is outstanding, I was keen to revisit "Lit", and colour me chuffed, what a fantastic lather.... and with the Gillette Bleue Extra getting better with every shave, I was rewarded with a totally sublime shave... HELL YEAH!!
 

Electrif

SE la vie
Friday 22nd June
Yaqi 26mm Tux
Speick Stick
Ever Ready 1924
Ever Ready Corrux stropping blade
Alum
Speick A/S
Dove Instant Hydration Cream

I grated my previous Speick stick into a bowl and recently had a great shave with it. Wanting a new travel setup I bought a new stick and aftershave combo using a Father's day gift card.
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
Gillette aluminium English Tech 1970s
Gillette Wilkinson blade
Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic
TFS Torino Forte Sensazioni Corte Sabauda soap
Figaro Monsieur Gold after shave

The Chubby 2 synth loads enough soap in 20 seconds to shave a football pitch. Delightful grapefruit scented soap.
 
Top