SOTD: 10th October 2026.
Shaving Recipe for today.
Prep: Warm shower:/ BULLDOG Original Shower Gel.
Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Wrights Traditional Bar Soap with Coal Tar Fragrance.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Tub to Face & head Lather.
Lather: Grated Arko Shave Sticks.
Blade: Treet Classic.(D1)
Razor: Mühle R41 (2013)
Razor: Gillette Guard.(Head/Dome) (D3)
Post:
Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+ Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./Creightons Sensitive PSB.
Greetings,
A new eclectic shave set up to start the Weekend...It's been a while since I last added the semi-open comb Mühle R41 to my razor rotation. I have the Mühle R41 (2013) version which by all accounts is milder than the original (2011) version, many wet shavers had a bad experience with the older version and will be sceptical of the new one despite the design improvements.
The top cap was expanded from 18mm to 20mm. The body modifications allow the blade to be held tightly in place. This means the blade has no headroom to flex while you scrape it across your skin. However, some blades flex more than others, creating blade chatter resulting in getting nicks cuts,& irritation etc.
I have mentioned before in my posts, out of all my DE razors the Mühle R41 (2013) took me a long time to bond with, my first few shaves where horrible to say the least, It is a razor that involves a long learning curve, and you need to get the technique and pressure just right to make it work for you. You also need to find a blade that work best for you. If your technique is off or your skin too is sensitive, I’d suggest you stay away from it...Now that I have gained much required shaving confidence and my technique has vastly improved I can now pair both the Mühle R41 & Chinese clone razors with either aggressive & non-aggressive blades and get a close comfortable shave from both razors without the fear of my shave ending in a major blood shaving massacre....The Mühle R41 (2013),Chinese R41 Clone and my Vintage SE razors, especially the 1930 GEM Micromatic open comb all give me a near one pass finish shave. The only other razors in my collection that come very close these are the FaTip Grande and my Parker DE razors...
One of the most important lesson's I have taught myself is I now never aim for perfection with my shaves, as I've found "Perfection is the enemy of perfectly adequate". My over-zealous passion for perfection was the major unnecessary cause of irritation nicks, & cuts with my shaving, It's important to have patience good technique, & gain shaving confidence, use the lightest of touch and last but not least I don't shave in haste, I take my time.
A enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.
Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.
My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.
Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.
