SOTD: Saturday 05 August - Friday 11 August 2023

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
IMG_2445.jpeg

SOTD: 04/08/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 9th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: HC&C Unscented Puck
Aftershave: Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man EDT
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Fresh Spring

A delightful last shave away and the Oren was amazing as it always is.
 

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
IMG_2449.jpeg

SOTD: 05/08/2023

Razor: Yintal V7
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Yaqi The Green Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi The Green Aftershave
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm

My first run out with the Yintal V7 was a resounding success. I’ve never tried a Mamba style head like this one, but it I found it mild, efficient and extremely smooth! At first I didn’t really feel a thing and thought something was wrong, but as I rinsed the razor, out popped the stubble. I didn’t feel the blade at all and the angle of the head felt very different to the rest of my razors. However despite the slightly odd angle of attack it felt as smooth as ice with each pass, it gave a great DFS and will be a great with a little more practice!
 

Ron191

Forum GOD!
20230804_200244.jpg

King C. Gillette razor
Treet new steel blade
Gillette Planet Kind cucumber mint shaving cream
Aqua Velva musk aftershave

First time trying the Treet new steel blase in the King C. Gillette razor. First pass good reduction without irritation. Second pass near BBS without a little sting from the aftershave. The Aqua Velva aftershave has a very definite '70s vibe which isn't a bad thing.
 

JD55

Forum GOD!
Since December, I've only shaven my face with straight razors...
I figured it was time to work in some of the many safety razors I've managed to collect and call it "Safety Razor Saturdays" or something of the like...if I can stick with it.
The wet shaving Rabbit Hole can be quite deep and wide my friends..
Anyhoo...without further ado, Safety Razor Saturday with the SHRP SHVR
IMG_20230805_204749~2.jpg
 

Attachments

Ram57

Forum GOD!

Sunday SOTD
20230802_161132.jpg


Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen3 L2
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D7)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers THBS Black Wolf 25mm
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 3 5" Maple\Walnut
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Vitos
Shave Soap: PannaCrema Nuàvia Verde
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Extro Italiana
​
 

Palmolive-Fox

Forum GOD!

SOTD: 6th August 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Frankensoap: Erasmic Shaving Soap+Cussons Imperial Leather Bar Soap+Van Der Hagen Scented Luxury Shaving Soap.
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux. (D2)
Razor: Yaqi DOC Head / Schmidt R10 Handle.

Post:
Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./David Beckham Instinct ASL./ Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. 😉

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. 😎

​
 

semajohn

Forum GOD!
Pre-Op - Grooming Dept
Razor - Rocnel, Hybrid
Blade - Ladas (2nd)
Soap - Gentlemans Face Care Club
Brush - Zenith, Synthetic
Moisturiser - Nivea
PXL_20230806_082314978.jpg

Second day in a row and I don't think I could use this everyday as it's a touch too efficient for that for me.
Settings 2.5 for most of the shave and 1.5 for the second pass on the neck, seem to be more comfortable than 3 and 2 yesterday.
 
Last edited:

Baba Rum

Forum GOD!
This week's toolbox (I've tried it yesterday already):

Razor: Mühle Rocca
Blade: Gilette Yellow (7 o'clock sharp edge)
Brush: Simpson's T3
Soap: Løthur Namkha
AS: Løthur Namkha

cold water rinse, and some Aloë Vera Soothing gel before the AS. With all the rain that's falling, the Namkha finally brings some warmth ...

Enjoy your shaving days!
 
Top