Shaving technique — strokes and movement of the razor

Mr Mackay

Forum GOD!
If I'm going for a longer lasting shave then it's: WTG, XTG, ATG and touch-ups (in that order). Otherwise: WTG, XTG and chin touch-up. I use straight, longer strokes whenever possible.
 

Weekly

Forum GOD!
When I shave 2 or 3 days growth
I do 2 Passes first is WTG using
Short slow strokes and the second
Pass is Buffing ATG , if I'm shaving
4 or more days growth I do 3 passes
WTG , XTG and a complete buffing
ATG pass and I buff at Mid Speed
 

sm1h

Forum GOD!
I'm just learning the techniques and was wondering if anyone here is shaving with both hands depending on which side of the face? I'm right handed so I just end up in kinda weird positions, so learning to use the left as well might be worth it.
 

efsk

Forum GOD!
I'm just learning the techniques and was wondering if anyone here is shaving with both hands depending on which side of the face? I'm right handed so I just end up in kinda weird positions, so learning to use the left as well might be worth it.
With a straight I use both hands: Left hand on the left side, right hand on the right side going up->down, right hand left and left hand right going down->up or sideways. Makes life easier for me.
DE's I'm strictly lefthanded.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Ok, so, 3 passes, WTG, XTG & the last ATG.

J-hook over the Adam's apple,very dangerous spot if I don't pay attention. No buffing at all, careful pickups after the ATG, if there is still visible stubble in some areas, I leave it this way and rinse off.
 

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I go WTG and XTG, only very rarely going ATG and then never on my neck. I very often have the blade at an angle as I use it, which I've kind of fallen into the habit of doing after finding it cut easier rather than any conscious effort to do the Gillette slide.
 
Top