shaving mugs recommendations

• Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2936

another noob question might sound stupid but whats the difference between the shaving scuttles that have one pole at the top compared to the ones that have three holes at the top? look at this pic, will hopefully make sense what im asking

D

Deleted member 2936

It's puck not puke!!! :facepalm:

I use hard pucks and lather on top of the puck in a hand made crock thing that my wife bought for me.

View attachment 81451
Lol @ puke omg what was I thinking when I typed that hahaha

Very nice, like the handle on the brush,
How long you had that bowl thing?

D

Deleted member 2936

Another noon question in regards to the scuttle, is it better to have a wider one or!is height more important? You know to get a good lather

gwsmallwood

Legendary Member
Are you looking for something to hold a soap puck, build lather in, keep lather warm, or all of the above?

I cold shave, so I can't help much on the scuttles.

Lots of mug options for holding soap. I've used actual coffee/tea mugs, and I have a couple of nice dishes I've found at Goodwill.

For lather bowl, I absolutely love my Captain's Choice Copper Bowl.

D

Deleted member 2936

Are you looking for something to hold a soap puck, build lather in, keep lather warm, or all of the above?

I cold shave, so I can't help much on the scuttles.

Lots of mug options for holding soap. I've used actual coffee/tea mugs, and I have a couple of nice dishes I've found at Goodwill.

For lather bowl, I absolutely love my Captain's Choice Copper Bowl.
defo want something to keep it warm, as i use a both bore bristle and badger brush so i like to soak them for a while before shaving

ive always lathered on my head (i only head shave) and as i havent ever used shaving mugs/scuttles whatever you want to call them,
its going to be my first one, so i want to try bowl lathering to see if i prefer that

from the posts ive read on this forum and other i get the impression that deeper and wider scuttles are better then taller ones or maybe im wrong, im not sure tbh

D

Deleted member 2936

Then the answer is that you want a modern double walled shaving scuttle if you want to keep your lather warm.

Bob
i'm looking at some on ebay uk, if you dont mind can you post a few pics of some so i have an idea what sort to go for? thanks saj :)0

D

Deleted member 2936

by the way does the material of the scuttle effect the way it lathers?
like better with glass compared to metal etc etc