shaving experts please!/shaving in the shower

R181

Grumpy old man
I don't shave in the shower, because our water is metered.
I prefer to undertake my ablutions, as if I am writing, in paragraphs.
It is easier that way
Yes, our water is metered ($175/mon) also so shaving in a sink using cold water, it costs to heat water, is the way I go too.

I also prefer to do one thing at a time. Multi tasking seldom yields excellent work.

Bob
 

Boojum1

Cosmic Cowboy
Before retirement I used to be a ONE PASS shaver. Do CLEAN UP in the shower. It was fast and that's what I needed, a DFS and off to the job. It worked just fine, however shave & shower was a daily chore not something to look forward to. Since rediscovering wet shaving however, I enjoy shaving before a warm shower, which I also enjoy.
 

Rob99

Forum GOD!
I can try shaving in the shower

But then again.
By just lathering and shave before showering, I’ve got very good results. Without the prepping. Just splash water on my face and go.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Like anything in life, many factors can affect the shave. So if results are good in the shower, you may also want to consider an improvement in angle pressure, diet, exercise etc. These can all affect the quality of a shave.

I have had first hand experience. My prep (non intentional with regards to shaving) used to be approx 100 laps of a pool (approx 2 hours) followed by 30mins in both a steam and sauna. The resulting shaves were outstanding. Apart from the strange looks in the gym bathroom.

Now moving on I also shaved at home during this period without the above rigmarole. The result. Very very very similar. So I out this down to exercise, and skin condition rather than the preparation. Or at least preparation before said shave.

The expert amongst us should really advice as to what you find best for yourself. Simply because everyone is different so that optimum shave is limited by many factors.

To mimick a shower shave I would use a facial steam bath (no need to turn your bathroom into a steam room) and just keep my face moist. Add some coconut oil as well to add lubrication. But this is just IMO.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Len

Clouds

Forum GOD!
I almost always shave in the shower. It goes back to my cartridge days to avoid rash.
I found no reason to change when I went to DE's.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Len

FSword

Forum GOD!
I've considered shaving in the shower many times. I'm sure I'd love it! The only reason I don't try it is because I want the comfort of the bathroom, i.e. places to put my equipment, a big mirror etc. But I'm sure shower shaving would keep the hair moisturized in a way no pre shave preparation can. I mean inside the shower the hair receives constant hydration (it's like a constant pre shave) and it's the only place this can happen.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Len
Top