Shavemac ATG 2020 LE

UKRob

Forum GOD!
To me the first shape is terrible - the second shows promise, but why spoil it by putting the decorative part in? The shape could just be continued down so that it looks something like the bottom part of Marilyn Monroe‘s dress when she sang Happy Birthday to President Kennedy in 1961 or thereabouts. It would obviously have to be called the ATG 2020 Marilyn.

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
To me the first shape is terrible - the second shows promise, but why spoil it by putting the decorative part in? The shape could just be continued down so that it looks something like the bottom part of Marilyn Monroe‘s dress when she sang Happy Birthday to President Kennedy in 1961 or thereabouts. It would obviously have to be called the ATG 2020 Marilyn.
Good thoughts... and good analogy! :okay:

p.b

Forum GOD!
I don't usually like to critique design but I think the proportions need tweaking from the original sketches to the first physical prototypes. In my opinion they have turned out a little inelegant. Also I would make the octagonal (or maybe decagon) top part in a different colour to the rest of the bulbous handle- funky at the top with a black handle

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Apologies for the delay again chaps. I haven't replied to Bernd as of yet been busy with work and share dealing (my new hobby/headache). Anyway, look forward to seeing the 3rd sample soon and the first two are a good start so looking forward to tweeking and working on the next iterations. Will keep everyone posted here.

Britva

Eats steel for lunch
My 2p - @p.b is onto something.

I'd go for the second design, probably. Needs some tweaking, but if that ivory-like resin is on offer, even with the orange ring, I think it would look stellar. What I'd personally like to see is less sphere-like rounding and more of an exponential curve going on.... Or should I say more natural? :D Marilyn, or Jessica, I don't really mind which.

Appreciate this would bring it closer to something like the Simpsons Colonel, or something along those lines, but it really doesn't matter. The knot is what matters, and the handle just needs to be functional and pleasing to the eye.

Again.. Ivory resin, by Elforyn possibly, or something similar. Mr. Bernd should have easy access to that in Germany. Yeah, I'd be all over that.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Still haven't emailed Bernd following the samples. Time is so scarce currently. A thank you for all the input and opinions this weekend I will have a proper read through and also need to speak to the other mods (that submitted drawings) and then email Bernd with suggestions. Long process but as always will be worth the wait.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Ok quick update, I have not emailed Bernd since my last update, just not had the time. I am also very weary of a 2nd Corona virus wave, according to certain sources, it could be announced by this weekend.

Anyway that aside, I need to look at the designs and options to improve on them, I also managed a haircut this afternoon in my lunch break and saw a fantastic handle design, the knot was ridiculous but the handle! Typically forgot to take a picture but will ask my hairdresser for one.

Want to get the design right and with greater interest obviously so we can accumulate an order.