Selling off a collection

Darkbulb

Member #10
@Darkbulb Just out of curiosity. What are the products you settled on?
You mean the pieces that ended up being my go-to-pieces after all these years/products? :)

Brush:
A synthetic one by Brad Sears

Soap: Various (Fitjar, LA Shaving, Wickham and some swedish soap I can't remember the name of)

A/S:
Almost always Floid blue or Lucido

Razor:
BBS-1 is, in my humble and very subjective opinion, the best DE razor ever made.
I also really enjoy SE razors like Kobra, Mongoose, and
DE razors like Wolfman, Vision and a few other more modern steel razors.
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Great to see you here again @Darkbulb! It has all been said... Market is weak unless you give it away or your items are unobtainium. I've no doubt your high end stuff will shift, but again I doubt you will get what you expect.
I wish you the best of luck, however you proceed..
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Good to hear from you. I used to enjoy your in depth reviews with the awesome photos. The BST's are really struggling this side of the pond, can't speak for your side as I never check in on the sites. Really rare stuff may have a chance but anything middle of the road will just sit there. I don't think we get the newbies we used to and they are needed to fuel the buying as they are generally eager to try new (to them) gear. Ebay is worth a shot. Bigger audience. Lots of Wet Shavers never come on forums. Good luck.
 

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
Besides enjoying your shaving reviews and insights, I still use my spinners and Popov leather products. I did sell my SloMo one hand watch.

I would agree the market for most items is slow and low (prices). Selling large batches will easily become an administrative nightmare.
 

Tommo

Forum GOD!
Good to see you @Darkbulb
The 5 items a week idea sounds good. You're not overwhelmed with listing, answering enquiries, packing and posting, etc. And you're not flooding the market with high end kit. Plus if people start to expect a regular listing they'll have their money waiting.

If you wanted to post to some uk Facebook pages aswell there's UKWSS BST and wet shaving raffles (UK).

All the best
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Hi DB, great to see you back, the BST is fairly slow, but the golden eggs fly of the self very fast. Hope to catch up and talk shaving crap on the forum with you, as before :)
 

Tom

Forum GOD!
Perhaps the BST would be more active if you lowered the 100 post limit? I've been a member here for some time, and browse daily, but I rarely post and thus am not able to take advantage of the BST. I don't intend on saying 'Welcome' on 100 threads to reach the limit like some do.
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Perhaps the BST would be more active if you lowered the 100 post limit? I've been a member here for some time, and browse daily, but I rarely post and thus am not able to take advantage of the BST. I don't intend on saying 'Welcome' on 100 threads to reach the limit like some do.
I sympathies with you but I don’t think the post count should be dropped.

Sadly the (very) few have spoiled it for the many. The BST section is there for trusted members. (Like ‘trust’ I suppose) I believe you have to earn the right to view it.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh (it's really not my intention) but I’ve been ripped off (not on here I might add) in the past. AGT are just trying to protect it's members.
 
Last edited:

Uncle Bertie

Forum GOD!
Hi, good to hear from you again @Darkbulb , I enjoyed our battles for rare, but badly described razors from across Europe.

I wish you every success in selling; having moved some rarer items on, mostly through eBay I'd say to be wary of buyers from Eastern Europe, I got badly burned with a Russian buyer. Also, the advice to take it slow seems sensible. Razors don't really take up that much space, and the pain of selling something way below your value of it, really isn't worth it unless you absolutely have to.

I'll be on the lookout for your sales, but my wishlist is now mercifully small 😀

All the very, very best.
Dan
 
Top