Seeking bronze DE with Muhle R89 feel

SammieM

Forum GOD!
A good way to clean not too oxidated brass is to cover it in ketchup and leave it for ~ 10 minutes, then wash with a plastic brush or toothbrush. Polish after that if you want to. But remember that in time, clean brass will develop a new patina again and again, no matter how many times you polish it.
So it's up to you to put in the elbow grease from time to time, or not at all, or to polish it once and then leave it alone to develop "your" patina and just clean the soap gunk and nothing more.
I’ve been using ketchup for a while now with my brass and bronze razors. It works well. If it is too oxidised I use a tad of polish. If you use Ren Wax on the razors, they don’t develop patina for some time… They also recommend the old water/vinegar/flour paste as well. It sounds a bit messy, but some people swear by it..

MichaelS

Forum GOD!
I’ve been using ketchup for a while now with my brass and bronze razors. It works well. If it is too oxidised I use a tad of polish. If you use Ren Wax on the razors, they don’t develop patina for some time… They also recommend the old water/vinegar/flour paste as well. It sounds a bit messy, but some people swear by it..
Thank you!

TobyC

Patriot
Karve arrived: light polish with Brasso, loaded a Feather Hi-Stainless (not shown) on the 'B' plate and presto, a fast, carefree and efficient shave! Not sure I'll need the 'C' and 'D' plates but I'll try them next. Thanks again everyone!

Killer brush! 👍