SE blades use - Spoil yourself

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I think like many Shavers I tried to get maximum use out of a blade. Finally settled for getting 8 Shaves out of most blades. We kid ourselves that we are being economical because blades are expensive, but think nothing of lashing out on high end Brushes/ After Shave etc.

For my last Two shaves, I have binned the blades after 5 uses. The Shaves in both Razors were very enjoyable with fresh blades. Was it really wasteful ?
the Schick Proline P30 brought years ago from Japan were less than £10 delivered, even brought in UK not overly expensive. So why not bin blades early and you may find Shaves so much nicer.

chazt

Forum !
Agreed. There’s nothing more disappointing than a less than stellar blade edge (he says, pointing to sig line). Superman would be impressed with my stubble. I‘m pretty sure my whiskers cause divots in thin DE blades. I’m firmly in the camp of changing out blades before they become uncomfortable. For me, most DE blades are binned after one or two shaves. The few times I try to stretch a double edge blade to three shaves I almost always stop after a stroke or two to swap out the old for new. Injector blades I’ll go to 5 or 6 uses, and GEMs, 8 or 9. It’s just not worth the potential for razor burn and irritation when all that’s needed is a fresh blade.

Reactions: p.b