Saturday clear out

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
Interesting
The first tub I finished was Druantia. It was one of the very first soaps I purchased and I really liked the scent and ease to lather. Although... that was in the fall and winter. I don’t think it would make a good summer selection for me...
 

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
Lot of collectively binned soap there.
why not PIF them for a postage to some new users who are just dipping toes in wet shaving? Maybe state a disclaimer or caveat; soap is ok but scent is shet, pay for postage at your risk.
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
I’ve done the same as the OP. I didn’t and probably still wouldn’t even think of passing on an old soap of mine.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
If someone had Covid and PIF his soap, is there a possibility for the next owner to be infected??
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
If someone had Covid and PIF his soap, is there a possibility for the next owner to be infected??
Hummm?
I would think the chance would be small and would go increasing down over time. Good question thou. I doubt there’s any data on the viability of COVID-19 in fat. That wouldn’t be a worry of mine honestly.
 

Vacumatic

Testy
If someone had Covid and PIF his soap, is there a possibility for the next owner to be infected??
Hi Randy

More knowledgeable people than I may comment Randy but I would hope that there is minimal risk, partly because of the length of time that the soap has been in the mail and partly because soap is naturally antisceptic. You are more at risk from the packaging.

If something second hand came through the mail to me I think I would give it a spray of a product known to kill the virus, perhaps bleach, 70% alcohol, surgical sprit etc.

Or even just leave it outside the house for a few days.

BT

eta, edited because the original barely made any sense at all
 
Last edited:
Top