Saturday 8th June

Cold Water Shave
Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Speick Active Shaving Soap
Yaqi Metal 24mm Timberwolf Brush
Focus R28 Slim Al with a Shark SS Blade
Myrsol Metilsol AS
Dove Moisturiser

My first use of the Speick Tub and I was very impressed. A lovely post shave feel.
2 passes and a touch up for an absolutely perfect finish:)

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
8/6/19

Brush - Yaqi Rainbow
Soap - Ingram Cream
Razor - Wilkinson Classic
Blade - Gillette 7OC Permasharp (7)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum Mentholated

Woke up this morning not feeling quite at the races, but the menthol packed Ingram lather woke me up! The Yaqi Rainbow seems to be a very good brush, probably the densest Yaqi Brush I have used (around 5-6 to date) but splays well enough.

Anyway chaps, have a good Saturday.

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
Saturdays Shave and what a lovely one.

Saturday.jpg

Preshave: Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Soap:
Martin de Candre Vétyver - Sample
Razor: Karve - SB D Plate
Blade: Sputnik
Brush: Shavemac 24mm Synthetic Fan
A/S Balm: Barts Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
EDT: Copy Cat Executive

Have a Great Weekend everyone.

Yehuda D

Forum GOD!
A029B4C8-3D08-4E73-8252-CC3FFEA50E46.jpeg
Saturday morning - a little Canadian pride:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Astra Green day 7
First Canadian Polar Vortex SS
Prep ASB
Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS Splash

The Astra blade pretty well crapped out on me during the second pass but miraculously this shave turned out to be BBS albeit with a lot of touching up everywhere. This Polar Vortex soap by itself is fantastic - it’s a pleasure to lather up, and it’s got a wicked menthol sensation but the scent is really nothing to write home about and there’s unfortunately a lack of skincare so that’s the reason why I don’t use it often. The Prep relieved the dryness and irritation right away and the Aqua Velva added its own special icy cold soothing with that nice old school scent that I love so much. By the way, the Polar Vortex soap is made in Canada!

Nisse

Old geezer
_DSC3227.jpg

soap: Haslinger Sandalwood in Ikea Grundtal tin
brush: Omega 24mm boar in DIY handle
razor: Cedea in Kayser Ellison Best Sheffield Silver Steel

Instead of daily I will try changing gear on a weekly basis so this is my current Shave of the Week setup

Last edited:

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!

SOTD 080619.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower using Tom Ford OUD Wood Gel.
Brush: S.V. Rosewood HMW 2band
Razor: Walter Stocker Solingen 5/8
Bowl: S.V. "The Grail"
Soap: Sebum Purple (Sample)
Splash: Rebul Eau De Cologne Lavander
Fragrance: Tom Ford Lavander Palm EDP

I am out for the duration shortly so I wanted a "special" shave and what a shave it was.
First and foremost I would like to explain that I mentioned how interested I am in Sebum on a members SOTD post Thursday. Friday I received a PM from @Optometrist who so kindly offered me a sample. This morning I opened my mail box and a glorious smell hit me straight in the face. Not only had David sent me Sebum Purple but Gold & Green. Enough for numerous shaves. I take my hat off to you sir, your generosity is overwhelming and I am truly grateful.

The star of the show has to be the soap. I know this stuff requires a second mortgage to purchase but what a product. The scent is divine. You get a natural hit of lavender and sweet mint with a menthol kick at the end.
I was advised that little water is needed and that appears to be certainly the case. This is not the easiest to dial in straight off the bat. I used a well shaken brush and carefully added water. It started to bloom after a some considerable effort and rewarded me with a rich creamy lather. Aftershave feel is second to none. Its early stages yet with this soap but its greatest properties to me at the moment is the post shave factor. Second to none.
I went for a four pass shave just to soak up the experience further so as you can imagine I am BBS and probably wont need to shave for the next five days. :happy:

Enjoy your shaves! :)