• Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date

TomG

Forum GOD!

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Glide Barbiere Sapone
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Floid Mentally Vigorous Aftershave Splash
Scent: Geo. F Trumper Eucris

The slick lather from the Glide base from Cold River Soap Works matched wonderfully with the very sharp vintage Gillette blade for a BBS result.
My choice of fragrance is a nod to the late, great Sir Sean Connery.

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
2020-11-05, Thursday

On this foggy November day, I chose another lavender soap, with a very elegant scent: I'm waiting for the gas stove technician and you never know how the meeting will evolve...

These photos often depict old objects, there are those who hunt for them!
How can we deny their beauty?
The razor I used today is, unfortunately, a piece of the past.
Why unfortunately? Because in 1961 I was 15 (and I used to shave with my father's Tech) and it doesn't seem to me that so many years have passed...
But they have passed!

I love the things of past times too, but, at the moment, I'm more worried about the ones of the future, since the driver of the bus I'm traveling on doesn't know how to drive and has no sense of direction.
And never before have the words of Merle Travis in Sixteen Tons proved prophetic:

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt

We are a people of miners!

Ah...by the way, very satisfying shaving with the appropriate music.

Sapone PS: Valobra Mandorla
Sapone: Czech & Speake, Oxford & Cambridge
Pennello: Liojuni, London, Finest 24
Rasoio: Gillette, Slim Adjustable, 1961 G4
Lametta: Gillette, 7 O’Clock, Super Stainless
AS 1: MilMil, Figaro Gel
AS 2: MilMil, BeMan, Balsamo Polivalente
EdC: Czech & Speake, Oxford & Cambridge
ST: Chet Baker, Crystal Bells, 1983

Vacumatic

Testy

Pre-shave:-
Pears Blue

Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Br
ush:- Wilko soft bristle
Soap/Cream:- Cella
Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson TTO and Derby Extra
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Cannot believe just how long Cella lasts, it just doesnt go down, brush is new but very soft for a bristle,

P1030132.JPG

celestino

Forum GOD!

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Thur 5th Nov

Jayaruh Syn. No67
MWF
PAL Injectomatic
Schick Proline ( 5 )
Puig Quorum A/S lotion

Missing Shaves is getting a habit, but shopping for some essential won out, well the rug had a hole in it, and the ironing board was wonky.I have realised that I don’t like afternoon Shaves.
Cannot find my E2 so went for the PAL, which provided you don’t rush delivers a great Shave. In fact the PAL has been called a Schick Buster, and I rate it as one of my best Injectors that is confined to a single blade.

1006F7EA-4E67-414E-B10C-3C8CA6D9F739.jpeg

Quique

Forum GOD!
Semogue 1305
Cella Bio
Rockwell 6S
PermaSharp #1
Korres Calendula & Ginseng

10th use of the Semogue (with as many face lather) and the feeling it leaves me is very good. I had already had it in 2012 and I had not taken out all the potential that I have always read to it, so I had to try it again

I did not like bristle brushes, but this has proven to be a very good option, soft at the ends, firm and, for me, not lather hog.

Using it every 4 days it has been kept ready for the next use, although we already know that they do not like to heat the bench very much and now it will be their turn to leave every three or four weeks, we will see if it is enough, in that case it will enter the rotation, in case otherwise it will be a nice brush to at least see it in the collection

Have a great day