Saturday 12 December - Friday 18 December 2020

Palmolive-Fox

Forum GOD!

SOTD : 12th December 2020.

9.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush: Omega 49.

Face Lather.

Lather : Bath House ~ Spanish Fig & Nutmeg Shaving Soap.

Blade: Gillette Winner. (1)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Alcolado Glacial mentholated Splash Lotion./ Aloe Vera Gel./ Oud 24 Hours EDP.

Greetings,

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...After the wonderful shaves i had last week with the Parker 55SL i have carried on for another week matching it up with the Indian Gillette winner blade making a great subcontinent razor & blade duo.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable/near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Oud 24 Hours EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling extremely divine.😉

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.😎

CRISANTO

Forum GOD!
Saturday, December 12, 2020.

L’Occitane, oil pre shave. Tremonia Meißner, Warm Woods: Shavind cream, lotion & balm aftershave. Plisson, made for L’occitane, synthetic hair, 21 cm knot, beech wood handle. Forgia Pizzi, Spanish point, K720 steel, Spanish point, 10/8, Indian wood scales.

3C7D9455-A1F9-472A-95F6-4F4858260E4A.jpeg

Today the novelty has been Warm Woods (WW) by Tremonia Meißner. The soap, in properties (ease of foaming, thick cream, protective, slippery ...) is top. Its aroma is of woods, warm and soft, slightly sweet, but I do not appreciate vanilla or amber, keeping the essential oils of wood and with final notes of soft juniper. It also has a touch of Strong Scotish peat, made by the same manufacturer, but very tenuous. In short, a not complex aroma and respectful of the essence of the woods that make it up.

One aspect that has surprised me about this WW is the softness of its aroma. All the T. Meißner that I have tried are characterized by very powerful and forceful aromas. The latter hinders, in my opinion, their continuous repetitive use, since they get tired, although it does not affect me precisely, given the continuous rotation that I do in the use of shaving soaps. The lower intensity does not mean the loss of aroma, quite the contrary, since WW marks the wood notes with precision, being perceived in a sharp and clear way, but without overwhelming.

In short, great soap with a strict wood aroma, pleasant, the softest I know of the range, very balanced in terms of aromatic intensity.