SAPONIFICIO VARESINO SOAPS - COUPLE OF QUESTIONS

DesertIguana

Forum GOD!
Anyone use this product?

Would you recommend?

Understand they are Triple Milled Soaps.

Being honest looking at companies Web-site in Italy & USA Distributor, Scent seem confusing to me.

Any go to Recommendations of Scents if you like.

Also Scent that are awful, or you did not like.
 
Last edited:

Estariol

Forum GOD!
Saponificio has the scent profile for all their individual soaps on their website. I tried 70th anniversary which i liked, and have an older tub of Dolomiti which is kinda "meh" for me, but i keep it because it's a damn good product. However, what i like or don't might not be Your cup of tea, and i think you might need to blind buy, and hit or miss. And i'm pretty certain you will not have trouble selling the ones you don't like.
 

owlman

Forum GOD!
I have a triple-digit number of soaps around, and SV is my second-favourite brand (behind B&M). They're very easy, reliable, and copious latherers, with complex scent profiles (although, this is my only criticism, strength can vary a bit, apparently even between batches of the same sort) that share a certain family type (you'll recognize them as "SV scents") but are nevertheless individual.

Recommendations are Felce Aromatica (probably their "flagship soap"), Stella Alpina, and Cubebe. My least favourites are Manna di Sicilia and Mirto di Sardegna, but they're still fine soaps I use from time to time. I did have a mixed experience with "Dolomiti", as three separate pucks I tried have had no discernable scent, so I've stayed clear of that one since, yet I have no doubt that at worst, it would make a splendid scent-free soap.
 

wintoid

Out of control
I buy SV soaps and EDPs. I'm not a scent guru! I find the soaps are not carrying a very strong scent, but the performance is absolutely excellent. I usually have several EDPs on the go at any one time, and I personally love the 80th and Morado. However, in terms of number of compliments, my wife and daughter both notice and comment on the Felce Aromatica the most, which they seem to love.
 

wintoid

Out of control
P.S. just to express a different opinion to owlman (this stuff is personal after all), I love Manna Di Sicilia and Mirto Di Sardegna, but the one I don't get on with is Cubebe.

Seems everyone likes Felce Aromatica though.
 

Neilo

Forum GOD!
Agree with previous comments, I have had, and just finished after years of use, Felce Aromatica, soap. Excellent performance and scent, the matching aftershave is lovely too. Also have the 70th anniversary soap, similar scent to Felce, same performance. Soaps are quite expensive, but last for ages, so well worth it.
 

DesertIguana

Forum GOD!
Well I get the fact that this brand of Soap has like 13 Offering in Scents, have been reading their description of scents, and what I get is they are not straight forward.


Also what one person likes, another will hate, or dislike. Scent is very subjective.


But I understand, and please correct me if I am wrong this Soap lasts long time, is very slick, make a great Lather to penetrate Beard, super soften and provide slick shave surface. Last leaving skin nice.


If got anything wrong, please tell me. Local B & M Shave Shop don't sell, so I cannot go in and touch, feel or smell.


Product is available to me out of EU for about $38.00 shipped to me. That is about $16.00 more then tub of PAA, but PAA is Great, but looking for something better.

Keep feedback coming PLEASE.
 

SpeedyPC

The Dark Lord of Wet Shaving
My favourite Saponificio Varesino soaps are

1. 70th Anniversary Special Edition

2. 80th Anniversary Special Edition

3. Argania

4. Manna Di Sicilia

5. Mirto Di Sardegna

6. Morado Special Edition
 

wooky114

YMMV Shaves
Well I get the fact that this brand of Soap has like 13 Offering in Scents, have been reading their description of scents, and what I get is they are not straight forward.


Also what one person likes, another will hate, or dislike. Scent is very subjective.


But I understand, and please correct me if I am wrong this Soap lasts long time, is very slick, make a great Lather to penetrate Beard, super soften and provide slick shave surface. Last leaving skin nice.


If got anything wrong, please tell me. Local B & M Shave Shop don't sell, so I cannot go in and touch, feel or smell.


Product is available to me out of EU for about $38.00 shipped to me. That is about $16.00 more then tub of PAA, but PAA is Great, but looking for something better.

Keep feedback coming PLEASE.
I tub of SV will out last 2-3 tubs of PAA, so cheaper in the long run. The soaps akin to a hockey puck in hardness, slick as you like, a top performer and worth the outlay.
 

Bauhaus

Forum GOD!
From what I've tried so far:

1. Mirto Di Sardegna
2. Felce Aromatica
3. Desert Vetiver
4. Dolomiti
5. Manna Di Sicilia
6. 70th
7. Argania
8. Stella Alpina
 

bartje-p

Forum GOD!
I have 2, Mirto di Sardegna and Argania. I use the first mainly when it is warmer, the Argania only when it's colder. Excellent quality lather and skincare!
 
Top