Sanguine Coolcut 9

Arrived today. I've read good things about this injector shavette here. The first thing I noticed is the blade was loose even when clamping the slider mechanism shut. Not enough tension on the blade holder. Fortunately you can loosen the tiny screw (the screws acts as a stopper to prevent the blade holder falling out) and get to the spring.

I increased the tension on the spring which seems to have tightened things up. You can actually remove the spring without having to loosen the screw. The spring is really in the wrong place. The tension should be on the side (not the top) like you see on the Feather Artist Club razors and clones. But I guess that would add to the cost.

The scales seem to be decent enough and everything feels very solid. Nice weight to it.

I shall be keeping with my beginner CJB exploits for now and have a shave with this one next week.









 

Johnny Bravo

Love Guru to the stars.
Old thread, but I just ordered the one with yellow scales. This is a shavette designed to accommodate injector blades. Reasonably priced at around $19. Cool Cut 9 Razor – Professional Straight Cut Shaving Razor – Professional Hair Scissors with Japanese Convex Blades

Walmart sells a similar/same one by a different brand, Monsieur Charles.
Personna Monsieur Charles No. 800 Razor - Walmart.com
This has peeked my interest and that a good price.
I will wait for your review but I like the red.
 

chazt

shave
I’d try the Monsieur Charles but as far as I can see from the copy’s fine print, these holders take hair shaper blades. I already stock 4 varieties of blades as it is. Unless @Twelvefret confirms otherwise, i will likely take a pass.
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Unfortunately, the razor is not due until the end of the month which means my review and confirmation that the holder will accommodate Schick and Supply injector blades will be delayed.

Both the Schick and Supply blades that I use have two holes which should allow them to fit the two blade bumps on the Sanguine. The shape is the same.

Other reviews say the Sanguine accommodates the Schick type.

One reviewer said the design didn’t allow him to use the heel which was his preferred option when using other razors. I tend to use the point, which is my experience looking at old honed SR’s which have the points filed away. That must have been how the professionals used them.

Here is an older review,
View: https://youtu.be/09sUOJ7K9MY?si=Mb2uAPo-sf9n9c8O
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I've reading about the Personna Mini Shaper blades that will arrive with the Sanguine RBSR. They are mini and the same size as the Schick or Supply injector blades but the storage does not have a way to inject them into an injector type holder. Based on recommendations, I remove the Supply blades from the plastic holder and load them into the metal Schick containers. Simply depress the spring loaded area in which the blades are stored and slid in a blade, with caution of course.

These blades are PTFE coated like our GEM blades. They are sharp and considered of an Artist Club quality. Sorry guys, no guarded versions.
 

chazt

shave
So after you’ve used up the first Personna hair shaper blade, please try it with a traditional Schick or other Personna injector blade loaded manually. Neither they nor Prolines worked in my Maggard cheapie. It’s just a prop now.
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
So after you’ve used up the first Personna hair shaper blade, please try it with a traditional Schick or other Personna injector blade loaded manually. Neither they nor Prolines worked in my Maggard cheapie. It’s just a prop now.
I am too curious to wait and will load the Sanguine with what I have presently which is a combination of Supply can Schick injector blades loaded into a metal Schick container.
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Just discovered a Sanguine Coolcut JLN kamisori type that has a pinch and drop in loading for injector blades. These can also be slid apart for clearing. Available on eBay and Amazon. Ships from London.
 
Top