Royal mail prices

SeanC

Forum GOD!
When I had all the trouble posting my Rex to Germany I was fuming when RM told me it was only tracked to the UK border and they didn't know who had my parcel and to rub salt into an already festering wound they had NO way of tracking my parcel that I didn't have. International tracked and signed my arse.
Unfortunately some RM staff would rather try and flog you a credit card you don't want than give correct information

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I`ve been using parcelhero or parcel2go for while now. Especially for large items. Miles cheaper.

What would cost me £18-£19 with Royal Mails costs around £3 in those websites. You do need to print of labels etc tho.
I've started using parcel2go, much more now too. Plus I can drop off after hours. For expensive item I would still use Special delivery though...
 

bugra101

Forum GOD!
I've started using parcel2go, much more now too. Plus I can drop off after hours. For expensive item I would still use Special delivery though...
Tbh even for an expensive item you can always use UPS, DX etc. Home Office uses DX on shipping of valuable documents such as Passports, BRP’s etc.
 
D

Deleted member 30

Guest
Someone on Post Office Counters even told me that. He said it’s only tracked until it leaves the U.K.
I have had quite a few like this go missing. In fact it felt like the tracking sticker had became a sign to thieves that there was something of value inside so was worth pinching. I now ask and no longer track to these places.

RM are crooks they even lost my claim forms with all the original receipts which they stipulated had to be submitted with claim forms.
 
D

Deleted member 476

Guest
CANADA COMPARISON:

I commiserate but RM has nothing on Canada Post Parcel when it comes to rip off mail prices. See example below to send up to 1kg parcel measuring 20cm x 10cm x5cm, in 2 business days with the same £50 ($88cdn) insurance as RM. Add $1.75 if you want a signature. (conversion £1 = $1.77cdn.)

Example #1 below. $14.83cdn. (£8.37) for the above specified parcel sent literally to your Toronto neighbour next door on the same road.

Example #2 below. $24.93cdn. (£14.08) for the same above specified parcel sent across the Country from Toronto to Calgary.

Its why in Canada, we don't enjoy the luxury to BST any shaving items that we don't enjoy. Not when it would cost me over $20 to send 1 stick of Arko soap to someone in Ontario.



upload_2019-3-25_20-18-57.png


upload_2019-3-25_20-23-47.png
 

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Top