Recommendation!

pearse85

Forum GOD!
My revelation this year was the Occems Nano. Three plates so you can dial it in mild, medium and aggressiv. Works fantastic for me with a Kai Pink or a Feather guard. After 3-4 months use I haven’t cut myself once and get BBS every time.
Is the handle comfortable on that?
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Is the handle comfortable on that?
I don’t have an issue, but it is however fairly light as you can imagine. They always seem to have decent discounts, but beware of shipping, over $100 and it’s cheaper international shipping. They are also spot on with value of the goods, which attracts the dreaded duty fees. The classic shaving soaps are great too and cheap. I liked my nano so much I got two of the original solid handle ones. One of them is for my lad.

 
Last edited:

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I don’t have an issue, but it is however fairly light as you can imagine. They always seem to have decent discounts, but beware of shipping, over $100 and it’s cheaper international shipping. They are also spot on with value of the goods, which attracts the dreaded duty fees. The classic shaving soaps are great too and cheap. I liked my nano so much I got two of the original solid handle ones. One of them is for my lad.

Wasn't the case for me with the duty fees I'm afraid, I bought an OREN from them and got hit full whack with those.
 

TobyC

Patriot
How about a Flare Tip Super Speed? You can get more than one with that price range, it's mild and efficient and kinda cool.

Something different? Get a 1912, doesn't matter if it's GEM, Ever~Ready, Star, Junior, whatever, they shave great, very user friendly.
 

TobyC

Patriot
Hone Type 15... But I am biased :happy:...

(It is mild, smooth and *I hope* has some good aesthetics)
You know the proper balance point for a proper razor, but it looks like an old sci-fi movie prop IMO. But I'm a vintage guy, I'm not your target audience. :D
 

Hone

Forum GOD!
Artisan
You know the proper balance point for a proper razor, but it looks like an old sci-fi movie prop IMO. But I'm a vintage guy, I'm not your target audience. :D
Hehe, worth a try. It will be vintage one day :laugh: There are loads of great suggestions in this thread, and almost no bad choices.

EDIT: it is at least brass....
 

Hone

Forum GOD!
Artisan
I had a Hone, the Black one, it was nice as I remember. Could I ask a question please? As an Artisan creating razors how do the sales hold up once the initial hype rush is over? I have always wanted to know if razors keep selling steadily afterwards. Cheers.
Great question! I have debated making a thread to explain a bit behind the scenes, because it's not plain sailing. And I've even got an unpublished section on my site that is more like a blog that goes into some of the difficulties, but so far I haven't felt that the content is right to make it live. But to avoid hijacking this thread the short answer is it does hold up, just. (Edit: This is relative, it doesn't yet hold up well enough to be my only source of income, I still work a full time job)

But... And perhaps this is particular to me, I have personally struggled with the 'need' to use social media, and paid-for advertising to gain an audience. I have tested these tools, and they do work to drive more sales, but it doesn't feel good somehow, and it is a monster you have to continuously feed. There is a lot of noise on these platforms and pressure to be doing something new, and I have struggled with some other brands stealing text word-for-word off my site that I took time crafting, making claims about their products that I know to be false, and also selling mass-produced generic razors (that you can buy on a mass manufacture online marketplace for $3-4 per unit) they have had re-branded and marked up 400%. These things are tough as a small brand who really does design their own stuff from scratch. And spends hours with the manufacturer to make something how I want it, rather than how it is easiest... Sorry got a little off topic. :)
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Great question! I have debated making a thread to explain a bit behind the scenes, because it's not plain sailing. And I've even got an unpublished section on my site that is more like a blog that goes into some of the difficulties, but so far I haven't felt that the content is right to make it live. But to avoid hijacking this thread the short answer is it does hold up, just. (Edit: This is relative, it doesn't yet hold up well enough to be my only source of income, I still work a full time job)

But... And perhaps this is particular to me, I have personally struggled with the 'need' to use social media, and paid-for advertising to gain an audience. I have tested these tools, and they do work to drive more sales, but it doesn't feel good somehow, and it is a monster you have to continuously feed. There is a lot of noise on these platforms and pressure to be doing something new, and I have struggled with some other brands stealing text word-for-word off my site that I took time crafting, making claims about their products that I know to be false, and also selling mass-produced generic razors (that you can buy on a mass manufacture online marketplace for $3-4 per unit) they have had re-branded and marked up 400%. These things are tough as a small brand who really does design their own stuff from scratch. And spends hours with the manufacturer to make something how I want it, rather than how it is easiest... Sorry got a little off topic. :)
Thank you for taking the time to answer, very kind.
 
Top