RazorBladesClub - Opinions

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
I bought some Kai Blades recently. The Company was good.....postal service especially RM not so good. The company is based in Sweden and the blades were posted from Germany. They seemed to disappear into a Black Hole once they left Germany. Took nearly 2 weeks....not the fault of RBC. Thing to consider is that with the absence of eBay they are the only reliable source for many choices.

chazt

Forum !
I’m neither expert nor shill, but it seems that Connaught is a solid choice for folks in the U.K. My experiences doing business with them has always been pleasing.

Estariol

Forum GOD!
I ordered my Artist Club samples from them(6pcs), took about a month, but that's due to serbian customs. Order a 100+ blades or one of their cheapo razors and you get free shipping.

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Just had a browse of their blade selection. Blimey! I never knew there we’re so many varieties. May well indulge…

Looked at their cheap razors too. I’m guessing they’re mazak based? Anyone know?

Thanks

steve

Estariol

Forum GOD!
Just had a browse of their blade selection. Blimey! I never knew there we’re so many varieties. May well indulge…

Looked at their cheap razors too. I’m guessing they’re mazak based? Anyone know?

Thanks

steve
The Lord copy of the Tech (known as the L5) is pressed/stamped steel, the Copy of the Merkur 33 (known as L6 but has a different marking on the package) is zamak. Their metal handles are aluminium.
I'm unfamiliar with the rest.

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
The Lord copy of the Tech (known as the L5) is pressed/stamped steel, the Copy of the Merkur 33 (known as L6 but has a different marking on the package) is zamak. Their metal handles are aluminium.
Thanks for that. Could be useful. :okay:

steve

slapo

It's... alive!
How did you find out the L5 was steel?
I didn't think they advertised it anywhere.

I have two of L5C (a.k.a. L122C) that I bought for the top cap, which are surprisingly decently made.

Estariol

Forum GOD!
How did you find out the L5 was steel?
I didn't think they advertised it anywhere.

I have two of L5C (a.k.a. L122C) that I bought for the top cap, which are surprisingly decently made.
It looked that way to me when i browsed the images on the web. I apologise if i'm wrong, but the head looks like press-formed steel plate to me.

slapo

It's... alive!
It looked that way to me when i browsed the images on the web. I apologise if i'm wrong, but the head looks like press-formed steel plate to me.
Oh, it might well be so, it's just that the L5C top caps I have don't quite feel like steel. They don't seem to be cast, though, so they might be pressed.
They don't seem to be chromed zamak, and them being as cheap as they are, the chrome would've been wearing away almost instantly like it had on my L6, and the threads are in great shape on these.
Might be a lower grade of steel.