qshave razor

  • Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
hey peeps, so im wondering who has a qshave razor? if so, do any of you use it for head shaving?

i got mine delivered today, this is my first adjustable de razor, i have to admit i cant wait to try it and my first thought is that im very impressed,
the packaging and the look of it is nice, i got the qshave razor, the stand and a leather sleeve for £20.77 delivered on amazon
(link below bare in mind additonal delivery charge if you dont have prime)


I still havent actually tried it and i plan on using it soon however i shave my the hair on my head as oppose to most of you who probably use it for facial hair,
so far i really cant knock it but its early days, proof is in the pudding whether i actually like the shave of it when im actually using it,
im interested to see how aggressive these razors are, obviously i will take my time and work up to the most aggressive mode

really like the weight and colour of it, obviously colour is more down to personal preference

anyways i'd like to hear your thoughts about it...

View attachment 81372
View attachment 81370
View attachment 81371
It is also worth learning how to dismantle it completely. Look on Youtube how to dismantle a Futur. The setting action can be smoothed out by lightly greasing or oiling the spring and touching surfaces of the components.
 
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
It is also worth learning how to dismantle it completely. Look on Youtube how to dismantle a Futur. The setting action can be smoothed out by lightly greasing or oiling the spring and touching surfaces of the components.
thanks didnt know that, will youtube it later
 

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
yea looks siccccck bruv, i was thinking to myself i could potentially be the one and only razor you'll need (if it shaves well as i havent used it yet),
but anyways i was thinking to myself that you dont even need to just the adjustable feature of it and just use it as a box standard razor on the lowest setting number 1

for the price, the razor, stand and leather cover is a bargain imo

its the first adjustable razor ive got and i can easily justify the price tag with the accessories it comes with too

so have you got the merkur futur or a clone?
I had a Ming Shi & my brother took a shine to it so I gave it to him. He was not & still is not really into traditional wet shaving as an enthusiastic pastime but he uses his Ming Shi all the time and hasn't looked back.
I then thought I would get a Futur. It is in my regular rotation & is a great piece but does require some control. The bulky head only gets right under the nose coming in sideways and up atg with the corner of the blade but I guess on a head shave that's not going to bother you. If I hadn't given my Ming Shi away I wouldn't have bought a Futur though, I really liked it. It was solid, no alignment problems and gave a great shave.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
I had a Ming Shi & my brother took a shine to it so I gave it to him. He was not & still is not really into traditional wet shaving as an enthusiastic pastime but he uses his Ming Shi all the time and hasn't looked back.
I then thought I would get a Futur. It is in my regular rotation & is a great piece but does require some control. The bulky head only gets right under the nose coming in sideways and up atg with the corner of the blade but I guess on a head shave that's not going to bother you. If I hadn't given my Ming Shi away I wouldn't have bought a Futur though, I really liked it. It was solid, no alignment problems and gave a great shave.
cool, yea i saw the ming shi on ebay uk before i came across the qshave and was very interested tbh

how much do the merkur futur go for roughly?

only thing i thought about the bulky head was when i shave around my ears with it but i dont really think it will be a biggie tbh
 

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
cool, yea i saw the ming shi on ebay uk before i came across the qshave and was very interested tbh

how much do the merkur futur go for roughly?

only thing i thought about the bulky head was when i shave around my ears with it but i dont really think it will be a biggie tbh
At the time I bought a Ming Shi I didn't know about QShave. I would have gone for a QShave over a Ming Shi looking at what you have got if I had to compare the two, I remember the Ming Shi coming in a box that wasn't very impressive like yours.

You can get a Futur for I reckon around £50 if you don't go for a bling gold or silver one.
Get a feel with your QShave, as long as the piece is nicely put together, you grease up the guts & the blade lines up sweet then you are set. You would only need a Merkur Futur if you want the badge as I said before the Ming Shi I had was faultless & I really liked it. Are Ming Shi & QShave connected in some way? Someone might know more about these two brands.
 
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
okay so i just used the qshave for a head shave along with a gillette nacet razor,

baring in mind its the first time i was using the qshave as well as first time using an adjustable razor and first time using the gillette nacet bl;ades too

so it took longer then normal because like with any new razor and blade you need to figure out the angles and the sharpness etc etc

so i started off on the number 1 dial then went straight to max number 6 and tried the number 3 too,
i found number 1 way too mild, number 3 was a bit okay'ish i suppose and i think number 6 is the best option for my thick hair,

only negative i'd say about the razor is that the handle can be slippy when youve got wet hands and the lather etc too

i did get one slight cut but that was only on a spot i just forgot it was there lol

anyways all in all good razor for £20 odd quid
 

Dcw7830

Forum GOD!
I have tried several ming shi and q shave versions and all had the same slanted/crooked blade exposure. Would be fine if you can get a decent one but I would just go for a Futur on a bst to be honest.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
I have tried several ming shi and q shave versions and all had the same slanted/crooked blade exposure. Would be fine if you can get a decent one but I would just go for a Futur on a bst to be honest.
i had a close look at mine and it seems fine to me, the blade looks like it was sticking out the same out on each side on whichever number i adjusted it too
 
Top