Project: garage to man cave

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Oly barbell plus 150kg of bumper plates ordered. The plates came out at £2.42 per kilo (delivered) which, all things considered, isn’t awful since the market on gym equipment is mental at the moment.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Oly barbell plus 150kg of bumper plates ordered. The plates came out at £2.42 per kilo (delivered) which, all things considered, isn’t awful since the market on gym equipment is mental at the moment.
You certainly mean business! Where did you buy from out of interest?

I'm kinda stuck at the moment. I'm hopefully moving house in a few week, so can't really buy any more gym gear. Once I get moved, I'll start on the garage and at the new house.

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
You certainly mean business! Where did you buy from out of interest?

I'm kinda stuck at the moment. I'm hopefully moving house in a few week, so can't really buy any more gym gear. Once I get moved, I'll start on the garage and at the new house.
Wolverson Fitness - based near Wolverhampton. They had a 10% discount code which helped.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I once visited a new-build house that had a garage that wouldn't accommodate a Fiat 500. Not if you wanted to be able to open the doors to get out at any rate.

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Yeah, browsed their site many a time... :thumbsup:
I’m pretty chuffed with 2.50-odd per kilo from them when Argos gear seems to be going for Eleiko prices! My aim is to pick up occasional new or used bargains here and there when I seen them - Amazon Basics cast iron kettlebells for instance - but otherwise wait until the gyms reopen and bag anything my good that’s listed on FB Marketplace!

dc68

-------------
I bought a lot of stuff for my shed from an online auction ( based in nearby Oakhampton). You may find that, near you, there is stuff for sale this way as people upgrade their gyms.

Vacumatic

Testy
Yeah I've looked at the stable matting on eBay and that goes for daft money too. Maybe have to look at a local supplier.
Also looking for garage flooring but tough enough for car parking rather than gym flooring, I was thinking of the rubber flooring with the small circles that you often see in some offices or staircases, I think this may be suitable for being stuck down. Something I can wash down if it is needed.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Also looking for garage flooring but tough enough for car parking rather than gym flooring, I was thinking of the rubber flooring with the small circles that you often see in some offices or staircases, I think this may be suitable for being stuck down. Something I can wash down if it is needed.
don't forget that if you're going to hose it down it is highly likely that water will make it's way under the mats and you'll end up with stagnant water under the mats :sick:

moveable, lighter, non-interlocking mats might work better

Vacumatic

Testy
don't forget that if you're going to hose it down it is highly likely that water will make it's way under the mats and you'll end up with stagnant water under the mats :sick:

moveable, lighter, non-interlocking mats might work better

Good point, easier to patch repair too in case of damage from spilt paint or a car jack.

My floor is painted, I think I will just paint it again.

Reactions: p.b