Pre - Shave Soap

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I never mention it but part of my pre -shave regime, is to soften up my face/ beard with a wash using a glycerine based soap. Originally used to use Ach Brito, but now use Heno de Pravia-Glicerina which is inexpensive and seems to work. This firm produce some quite nice ordinary Toilet soap which I use in the Shower.

IMG_1662.jpg
 

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
I like Heno de Pravia goods. The big bottle of cologne works great as a cheap AS and has a fresh, summery smell that’s not feminine. Gives me that ‘on holiday in Spain’ vibe after a summer’s shave on lovely day. Magic!

I got mine from Gemstone Shaving who are also a great resource for blades like Gillette Platinums, a favourite of mine.
 

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I like Heno de Pravia goods. The big bottle of cologne works great as a cheap AS and has a fresh, summery smell that’s not feminine. Gives me that ‘on holiday in Spain’ vibe after a summer’s shave on lovely day. Magic!

I got mine from Gemstone Shaving who are also a great resource for blades like Gillette Platinums, a favourite of mine.
They offer Shaving goodies at reasonable prices. Though out of Vitos Super Red:cry:
 

SeanC

Forum GOD!
They offer Shaving goodies at reasonable prices. Though out of Vitos Super Red:cry:
AFAIK Vito's have ceased production of the tallow barber blocks, although there is still leftover stock on eBay. I've got 80% of a Super Red block stashed along with an unopened Green
 

Estariol

Forum GOD!
It's probably due to my skin, but after even washing my hands with a glycerin soap, i get an awkward feel that's almost unbearable. And it gets kinda "grippy" when hands are rubbed together, almost like those silicone coated work gloves, but without the stickiness...
 
Top