People who own pets, please read.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Believe me if I could POM I would. We cannot get such things in the UK. I do carry a stick though for use in such circumstances.

S

Steve Bowles

Believe me if I could POM I would. We cannot get such things in the UK. I do carry a stick though for use in such circumstances.
It's unbelievable that a stun-gun which was developed for single women as a defensive aid is considered an offensive weapon in Britain.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
It's unbelievable that a stun-gun which was developed for single women as a defensive aid is considered an offensive weapon in Britain.
If there was some way to magically ensure that they'd only be used by women for self-defence if they're attacked then I'm sure they'd be legal.

S

Steve Bowles

If there was some way to magically ensure that they'd only be used by women for self-defence if they're attacked then I'm sure they'd be legal.
I don't know why they haven't declared pointed sticks offensive weapons in Britain.

S

Steve Bowles

If you're carrying it for the purpose of self defence, it is.
So, in Britain, your only defence, if attacked, is to die, and die quickly and quietly and not make a fuss about it. What a country!

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
No, you're allowed to use reasonable force, you're just not allowed to go around carrying weapons.

If you happened to be carrying a torch to light your way because you were out walking at night, and if it happened to be in your hand when someone threatened your safety and you happened to hit them with it without thinking you'd probably stand a reasonable chance of not getting into trouble for it. It's when you carry something for the express purpose of hitting someone with it that it becomes an offensive weapon.