Option Five DE Razor

Darkbulb

Member #10
It's not every day we see a razor come out that is;
- Designed in England,
- Manufactured in China, and
- Based/Shipped out of Switzerland.

Will this new entry onto the wetshaving scene - "Option Five" - that borrows design from both cartridge and DE razor styles - make an international splash next year?




Quick data points
Material: Nickel alloy.
Weight: 120gr/4.2 oz
Manufacturing: Cast
Cost: $64.90 / £52 - with free shipping right now for the initial product launch and X-Mas holiday season.
(Regular US shipping for instance will be $9)

The razor has a rather unique look as far as DE razors goes;



The buttons on the side are for releasing the head (which by the way is designed in a way similar to Hone and Pils that hides the end-tabs of the blade. Maybe it's a European thing :wink:).

Note:
I had a chance to chat live with John of Option Five earlier today and have provided him a link to this quick write-up so if there are any questions please feel free to ask away as John indicated he'd be happy to join and field any questions.

Maybe a forum pass-around, etc? :wink:
 

Dogsmro

Forum GOD!
You've done it yet again DB, brining even more things to our attention, I'm glad I'm skint because you could end up costing me a lot of money :)
 

Darkbulb

Member #10
Btw, as a piece of comparison - the Option5 weighs just about the same as the stainless steel Pils 101.
 

Darkbulb

Member #10
Do you know where this company is located.
Switzerland but I believe John is British.

I should have added in the first post that the company is new (Sept, 2016) and the batch being sold now is part of their initial launch-batch. The site is therefore still a bit 'bare'.

I'm waiting for the forum discount code to be tweaked and then I think I'll be ordering one myself :)
 
Last edited:

Darkbulb

Member #10
Switzerland... wouldn't that cost 20% VAT and £8 Royal Mail ransom?
If it did, say worse case scenario, that would be (rounded numbers)...;
- 10% off £52 = £47
+ 20% VAT on £47 = £56
+ £8 RM hostage amnt = £64

So if all those things would happen, assuming my math is sound, it seems like the shipped cost would end up at £64 if you're in the UK.
 

Darkbulb

Member #10
No import duty either? The president-elect will sort that soon!
Of the hundreds and hundreds of things I've ordered from all over the world I've never paid a penny in any additional fees, import duties, taxes, etc.
We just pay the vendor wherever they are located and that's it.
 
Top