One razor, one make of blade, one shaving soap, one brush for a month

Pattorashu

Senior Moment
I will devote myself to a Black beauty, Wizamet blade, TOBS (I will finish my sandalwood, and if it's not April, I will open my Mr Taylor), and my new Eveready C40. One month will be a good "do I still need to re-knot this vintage brush" period IMO.
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Why?

I replace the blade once a week and typically will swap anything else I'm going to then as well, although I've been using my Start razor for three weeks now during which time I only changed brushes once. I only use one type of blade. The thing I change most often is soap, but I could use MWF or Speick for a month pretty easily.

Having established what works I don't feel the need to swap and change a lot. The main one for me is soap, MWF and Speick have a mild soapy scent, anything much stronger I can only use for a couple of days.
 

TobyC

Patriot
I will devote myself to a Black beauty, Wizamet blade, TOBS (I will finish my sandalwood, and if it's not April, I will open my Mr Taylor), and my new Eveready C40. One month will be a good "do I still need to re-knot this vintage brush" period IMO.
The C40 doesn't get the respect it deserves, it's a perfect little scrubber with plenty of scritch and backbone, and I don't think there's a modern knot that will give the same joy. Unless it's just dead, I wouldn't change the knot, you'll lose the character and just plain balls of that little brush.
 

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I've only got a few razors and a few synthetic brushes anyway. I currently only have Gillette Yellow blades so this would be straight forward for me too. I've settled on what I like and enjoy using up and then replacing things as needed.
 

Vacumatic

Testy
Why?

I replace the blade once a week and typically will swap anything else I'm going to then as well, although I've been using my Start razor for three weeks now during which time I only changed brushes once. I only use one type of blade. The thing I change most often is soap, but I could use MWF or Speick for a month pretty easily.

Having established what works I don't feel the need to swap and change a lot. The main one for me is soap, MWF and Speick have a mild soapy scent, anything much stronger I can only use for a couple of days.
In terms of why I am doing it ...my brother has pledged to donate £250 to Holly Bank School, a place for children with the most difficult of disabilities


If I fail, I do the donation or detail his car, probably both!

Also doing one fountain pen, one ink for this month as part of the deal.
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
In terms of why I am doing it ...my brother has pledged to donate £250 to Holly Bank School, a place for children with the most difficult of disabilities


If I fail, I do the donation or detail his car, probably both!

Also doing one fountain pen, one ink for this month as part of the deal.
An excellent reason, well done.:bravo:
 

Clouds

Forum GOD!
In terms of why I am doing it ...my brother has pledged to donate £250 to Holly Bank School, a place for children with the most difficult of disabilities


If I fail, I do the donation or detail his car, probably both!

Also doing one fountain pen, one ink for this month as part of the deal.
It doesn't get any better than that, does it...
 

flip-68

Forum GOD!
A while ago I decided to use up most of my soaps, and to do this I limited myself to just three until they were gone, then moved onto another three. The idea being that I'd get rid of those I wasn't so keen on first and end up with a smaller selection of my best soaps.

I didn't mind this at all, and you certainly got to know the soaps well, and how to get the most of them. Since doing this I prefer to spend a good few shaves with a soap before switching, rather than switching each shave as I used to.

Needless to say I still have more soaps than anyone actually needs!! lol.
This is me exactly. Currently using up a Eucris puck, P160 and Wickham's Blue
 

Vacumatic

Testy
Thanks, the soaps good, not that keen on Zorrick blades and the Parker razor is more aggressive than my usual Gillette but I am getting there.
 

Pattorashu

Senior Moment
1584227565986.png


The sandalwood seems to be holding on strong lol. I thought I'd be out of it by now.

Shame Bath and Body Works discontinued the sage and cedarwood scent. It's a great face scrub.

I'm curious to see if I can push it to one razor blade period. 3 shaves so far, probably 3 next week, so 12 in total?
 
Top