October 2023 Acquisitions

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
Another day another wristwatch.

This time in full rose gold and at 60% off... (how could I say no)

With the recent acquisition of CFB by Rolex, the advantage is that this piece will have to be taken to any Rolex Service Centre from now on - for servicing or in case anything needs attention.

Final price was £6,707 following a 60% off retail.
Authorised Dealer was Rivoli at The Outlet Village, Dubai.

Rivoli is a well-known AD in the GCC area, when I came to the region last year it was partially owned by the Swatch Group.

Now the Swatch Group moved on and acquired Rivoli Group in full, and since C.F. Bucherer now belongs to Rolex, it was inevitable that all CFB product stock has to be cleared off the display windows and warehouses.

Having been a loyal client at the Outlet Village, I got notified on Friday.
One piece only in full rose gold, and initially it was reserved for a collector who buys consistently from them (reportedly he has around 300 pieces in his collection...)

They waited for him until next day, Saturday, where he declared unavailability as he was travelling abroad.
So the watch became available, and after quite a debate with myself and numerous tries on the wrist, I decided to go ahead.

C. F. Bucherer Manero Flyback Chrono - Baselworld 2017 novelty

The beautiful box has a leather travel mini-box, which in turn has a small compartment for the polishing cloth and soft pouch!

View: https://youtu.be/mYDskWiwBhQ?si=2sdR14RqHuaQ0h2G

The Mido box was a gift with the purchase of the CFB:

And it contains:

Last edited:

Tortuga

The Spangle Maker
Another day another wristwatch.

This time in full rose gold and at 60% off... (how could I say no)

With the recent acquisition of CFB by Rolex, the advantage is that this piece will have to be taken to any Rolex Service Centre from now on - for servicing or in case anything needs attention.

Final price was £6,707 following a 60% off retail.
Authorised Dealer was Rivoli at The Outlet Village, Dubai.

Rivoli is a well-known AD in the GCC area, when I came to the region last year it was partially owned by the Swatch Group.

Now the Swatch Group moved on and acquired Rivoli Group in full, and since C.F. Bucherer now belongs to Rolex, it was inevitable that all CFB product stock has to be cleared off the display windows and warehouses.

Having been a loyal client at the Outlet Village, I got notified on Friday.
One piece only in full rose gold, and initially it was reserved for a collector who buys consistently from them (reportedly he has around 300 pieces in his collection...)

They waited for him until next day, Saturday, where he declared unavailability as he was travelling abroad.
So the watch became available, and after quite a debate with myself and numerous tries on the wrist, I decided to go ahead.

C. F. Bucherer Manero Flyback Chrono - Baselworld 2017 novelty

The beautiful box has a leather travel mini-box, which in turn has a small compartment for the polishing cloth and soft pouch!

View: https://youtu.be/mYDskWiwBhQ?si=2sdR14RqHuaQ0h2G

The Mido box was a gift with the purchase of the CFB:

And it contains:

Beautiful piece, congratulations 😍👌