New Castle Forbes 1445 shaving cream

Acer89

James
I've used my CF 1445 once and loved it but overloaded the brush. ...duh!

Only a tiny amount is required to create copious amounts of creamy lather with ample glide and cushion. The scent is subtle and not overpowering and reminiscent of Azzaro pour Homme.

You may think it's quite pricey but unlike many other soaps which give you 140 - 150ml with Castle Forbes you get a very generous 200ml. :)

DSC_8598.jpg

Last edited:

bandito

Ex-Addict
Used a sample of this - quite a 'soapy' fragrance in the tub, but really comes to life when lathered - really enjoyed 'both scents' as well as the lather and the softness of my skin post-shave, but as with the CF Lavender it irritated my skin. Pity, might have bought a full tub otherwise.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Limes was my least favourite too, albeit not having tried sandalwood. Far too sweet, similar to starburst in all honesty. I would love someone to bring out a fragrance based on Indian lime skin, freshly picked of the tree. Whilst doing a charity expedition to base camp everest we came across a lime tree in the Anapurna range. Having trekked for a solid month without a proper shower (platypus system and iodine water) and hand washed clothes the lime tree was a godsend. Sliced the limes and had a gorgeous shower as well as throwing a few in the rucksack to freshen things up. Lovely bitter, sharp almost 'dark' fragrance. Would be interesting to pair this up with either fresh blood orange or red grapefruit and black pepper.
Quite the story and experience!

rum

Forum GOD!
Used my sample again today (serious, a 10ml sample could last a month with this level of use!). Happy to report my St. Andrew's Day shaving was accomplished with the help of a Scottish soap - so a great tribute to our Scottish members!

I managed to get the water ratio a bit better this time so the lather was thicker and it "stuck" to the face a bit better. I bet with the full size bowl, this wouldn't even be a problem.

Last edited:

lastcoyote

Forum GOD!
The love affair with 1445 is still strong :)
I got my self some the other week Nishy. Really lovely strong scent with the usual CF luxury performance.
I perceive the woody note as sandalwood which makes me think of that traditional barbershop smell but with extra stuff going on with it of course, particularly that greenness to it. Really special.

halvor

a most elusive fish
So my question, how special is the 1445 really? Seems to me that TOBS Mr Taylor, T&H Grafton and C&F 1445 are pretty alike? Thoughts, objections?

Also, on the basis of a tip above here, I took a punt and ordered Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland as a cheaper alternative to getting the 1445 fragrance. I find Patrick much more Paco Rabanne PH than above mentioned ones, however. Best scent to go with 1445 (if none of the above) would be either Azzaro PH or YSL Rive Gauche.

lastcoyote

Forum GOD!
So my question, how special is the 1445 really? Seems to me that TOBS Mr Taylor, T&H Grafton and C&F 1445 are pretty alike? Thoughts, objections?

Also, on the basis of a tip above here, I took a punt and ordered Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland as a cheaper alternative to getting the 1445 fragrance. I find Patrick much more Paco Rabanne PH than above mentioned ones, however. Best scent to go with 1445 (if none of the above) would be either Azzaro PH or YSL Rive Gauche.
I find CF’s to be very different to the style of TOBS and T&H and the like. Not to say those are bad but CF’s consistency is different, more of a croap and richer so a little goes a long way. Very luxurious.

halvor

a most elusive fish
I find CF’s to be very different to the style of TOBS and T&H and the like. Not to say those are bad but CF’s consistency is different, more of a croap and richer so a little goes a long way. Very luxurious.
Oh, sorry, I perhaps wasn’t clear on talking scent, not performance, etc.