Name a tasty sandwich

slapo

It's... alive!
I think I became a bread snob after I started making my own over a decade ago, and I really don't like what's typically sold as sandwich bread in stores (unless it's toasted).
I'm partial to a sandwich from a nice, crusty bread, grilled chicken thigh/breast, lettuce/chinese leaf/cabbage with pepper and tomato, optionally with onion, cheese and mustard.

Another sandwich filling I like is made from canned fish (something fatty like mackerel is always nice, but sprat, tuna a sardines are fine) with onion, mustard, a little salt and pepper. Some veg goes in there, too, like cucumber and lettuce.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
Not a keen fish eater, but some canned boneless and skinless salmon mixed with Miracle Whip for spread is good. You can top it with anything you like such as bread and butter pickles.

Bob
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Publix makes a chicken tender sandwich with their hot Nashville chicken, lettuce, cheese, pickles, and tomato that I enjoy. Not bad for a $3.50 sandwich.
 

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
White toasted bread, Welsh salted butter mashed up avocado spread on top then covered with thinly sliced cherry tomatoes with little coarse sea salt.
 

Smiffy

Forum GOD!
I’m not on facebook. What is a Zingara?
I think it s a sandwich that includes mozzarella and tomatoes. I have had something similar with toasted sun dried tomato bread, warm mozzarella and tomatoes plus red pesto as an open sandwich, it was damn good. I think that the original included prosciutto and was really cooked through as opposed to warm.
 

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
Warburtons Farmhouse white, Welsh salted butter, a few thin slices of beef, then a nice layer of Marks & Spencer Beef & Onion crisps press it down lightly and enjoy, washed down with a nice cup of freshly brewed tea, and of course, a nice Portuguese tart to finish it off.:hungry:
 
Top