New Product Alert Meet The Alpha Spirit SE

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
I find it smoother, and a less aggressive/more forgiving and almost as efficient. I shave daily so it is just spot on the mark for my needs and skin.
 

AlphaShaving

Alpha Shaving Works Owner
Vendor
An unbiassed view from the designer... :D

Its a better shave than a Vector - why? because it is better balanced, thats why. Not saying the quality is better blah blah blah but the weight is head forward whereas the Vector is handle heavy. This leads one to put too much pressure on when shaving to compensate for the weight of the handle and the extreme lightness of the Vector head leading to a rougher shave. Before the Q comes - yes, I do have a Vector in stainless steel so I do know what I am blabbing on about.
 

AlphaShaving

Alpha Shaving Works Owner
Vendor
Spirit is back in stock and shipping immediately. No need to wait.

I won't be having any more sales or offers on Spirit or any other razors so... don't wait until Black Monday or whatever - it's not happening!! The only concession I am goving is a FREE stand for forum members who order and email me. steve@alphashaving.com
 

Bauhaus

Forum GOD!
I’m not sure why I can’t attach an image here, but my Alpha Spirit arrived yesterday (you can see it in the December acquisitions thread), and I had my first shave with it today.

I used the KAI ProTouch MG blade since it gives me comfortable shaves with the OG Vector plate. I’ll try to compare the Spirit to the Vector, as it’s still my favorite razor overall.

First impressions: The Spirit feels much more comfortable with this blade compared to the OG Vector plate. I’d say it’s similar to the Vector Lite in terms of comfort. It’s definitely effective—I got a clean shave after two passes. No nicks, no cuts—just a smooth, comfortable shave overall.

However, I have to mention that I prefer the Vector’s finishing. My Vector isn’t polished, but its finish still looks a bit better in comparison. Not by much—the Spirit is very well-built—but if you’re looking closely, you might spot some minor flaws.

That’s just my initial thought!
 

AlphaShaving

Alpha Shaving Works Owner
Vendor
I’m not sure why I can’t attach an image here, but my Alpha Spirit arrived yesterday (you can see it in the December acquisitions thread), and I had my first shave with it today.

I used the KAI ProTouch MG blade since it gives me comfortable shaves with the OG Vector plate. I’ll try to compare the Spirit to the Vector, as it’s still my favorite razor overall.

First impressions: The Spirit feels much more comfortable with this blade compared to the OG Vector plate. I’d say it’s similar to the Vector Lite in terms of comfort. It’s definitely effective—I got a clean shave after two passes. No nicks, no cuts—just a smooth, comfortable shave overall.

However, I have to mention that I prefer the Vector’s finishing. My Vector isn’t polished, but its finish still looks a bit better in comparison. Not by much—the Spirit is very well-built—but if you’re looking closely, you might spot some minor flaws.

That’s just my initial thought!
Thanks for the review!! - all feedback is good feedback. I am working on getting the finish to be more consistent and I WILL crack this. Got to recognise that this razor gives an awesome shave and the pricing is very competetive compared to the Vector, which I also own. The vector is also AWESOME!!

My goal was to bring smooth and trouble free AC blade shaving in the worlds lightest stainless steel package and at a price that makes your head turn. I think I reached that goal.
 

Bauhaus

Forum GOD!
Thanks for the review!! - all feedback is good feedback. I am working on getting the finish to be more consistent and I WILL crack this. Got to recognise that this razor gives an awesome shave and the pricing is very competetive compared to the Vector, which I also own. The vector is also AWESOME!!

My goal was to bring smooth and trouble free AC blade shaving in the worlds lightest stainless steel package and at a price that makes your head turn. I think I reached that goal.
I really love the razor—everything I mentioned above is just minor “bugs,” which are much easier to fix than creating a great razor from scratch—and you’ve already nailed that! The Alpha Spirit is a beauty, and I’ll definitely keep it in my rotation!
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
After 24 uses of the Spirit.

Love:
  • the fact that Steve avoided the easy route to copy the Vector type blade installatiton and respected the Blackland concept.
  • the aesthetics of the razor overall - looks very balanced and harmonious.
  • the machining tolerances are so tight it's a delight to remove / install a blade (others may find it fiddly as you have to be very precise sliding the base plate down the threaded post) but for me it's a demonstration of the quality of the machining and I love the very fluid action of the screw thread.
  • the weight / balance - for me it's the Goldilocks weight and the ergonomics of the handle, head and wight balance make it a joy to use.
  • speed of delivery - even with the basic option it arrived in under a week
  • price (and I got a free stand)
  • its efficiency - I can use the Vector everyday with a Proline but the Spirit requires a bit of work to get the same finish with that blade. However, with a Super the vector is too much for me conversely the Spirit is amazing with the Super. So I have a mild and comfortable razor or a close and comfortable razor in one package with the Spirit.
Meh:
  • the quality of the finish of the head isn't to the same level or type as the handle
Dislike:
  • zilch
 

chazt

shave
Thanks for the review!! - all feedback is good feedback. I am working on getting the finish to be more consistent and I WILL crack this. Got to recognise that this razor gives an awesome shave and the pricing is very competetive compared to the Vector, which I also own. The vector is also AWESOME!!

My goal was to bring smooth and trouble free AC blade shaving in the worlds lightest stainless steel package and at a price that makes your head turn. I think I reached that goal.
Solid post.
 
Top