Maggard Razors

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Not the cheapest option though. It's 99 CAD (which is 75.42 USD) for a complete brass Karve razor at the Karve website and you get free shipping for all orders $75 CAD and over. Things change though if you have to pay customs duties and I guess it's more likely you'll avoid those when ordering from Maggard Razors.
 

Ian.mal

Forum GOD!
Not the cheapest option though. It's 99 CAD (which is 75.42 USD) for a complete brass Karve razor at the Karve website and you get free shipping for all orders $75 CAD and over. Things change though if you have to pay customs duties and I guess it's more likely you'll avoid those when ordering from Maggard Razors.
Have not checked the Karve site in ages so its good to know Karve are offering free international shipping last time i checked postage was about CAD $23
 

sev-8

Forum GOD!
I hope Maggards start selling plates only. Could become the cheapest way to get those shipped to the UK *fingers crossed*
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Got an email from Karve on Friday saying free delivery when you spend CAD $75 is a promotion that runs out in 5 days
I see. Right before I ordered my stainless steel Karve in June I got a newsletter from them which mentioned this:
Through your support, Karve Shaving Co. has been able to grow large enough that we now receive preferred shipping rates through Canada Post. We’re passing this saving on to you in the form of free shipping for stainless razors. Buy a stainless CB or the Stainless Daily Wet Shaver kit and the shipping is on us. While we're at it, we’ve also been able to set up a standard shipping rate: CAD$10 / USD$7.50* flat rate for anywhere Canada, USA, and International. Lastly, spend over CAD$150 / USD$114* and the shipping is free.
* USD is estimated
So $75.38 USD (or $99 CAD) + $7.50 USD (or $10 CAD) = $82.88 USD (or $109 CAD) which is still a bit cheaper than Maggard Razors. This is of course assuming that you won't have to pay customs duties because that would change the situation (I didn't have to pay any customs duties myself and I ordered it from the Karve website).
 

mbarno

Forum GOD!
I see. Right before I ordered my stainless steel Karve in June I got a newsletter from them which mentioned this:

So $75.38 USD (or $99 CAD) + $7.50 USD (or $10 CAD) = $82.88 USD (or $109 CAD) which is still a bit cheaper than Maggard Razors. This is of course assuming that you won't have to pay customs duties because that would change the situation (I didn't have to pay any customs duties myself and I ordered it from the Karve website).
You’re lucky as I’ve paid customs duty for all 4 items I’ve ordered from them, even down to a single base plate.
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
You’re lucky as I’ve paid customs duty for all 4 items I’ve ordered from them, even down to a single base plate.
Yeah, I've always been lucky with customs except for one time years ago when I ordered a t-shirt from America which "suddenly" became twice as expensive. I hope I'll get lucky again when my Darkfall soap arrives this week because Declaration Grooming doesn't have customs-friendly shipping.
 

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Yeah, I've always been lucky with customs except for one time years ago when I ordered a t-shirt from America which "suddenly" became twice as expensive. I hope I'll get lucky again when my Darkfall soap arrives this week because Declaration Grooming doesn't have customs-friendly shipping.
My DG soap which arrived today got through without a ransom being paid, despite an overt reference to its value on the packaging. There is hope 👍
 
Top