LS/MS shaving brush

dinder1

Forum GOD!
IMG_0055.JPG
A very pleasant surprise I have to say... Now a question for you, is yours a rather ambiguous shape? Mine is a fan, just, the only complaint I do have is the cut of the knot is a little haphazard, IE it isn't the most aesthetically pleasing compared to the relative perfection of Shavemac et all. That said, I'll take performance over perfect aesthetics any day and this certainly delivers!
My knot is pretty even in shape. Above is a picture of it after just one shave and a couple of defunking washes....it will bloom a bit more I'm sure.
 

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
View attachment 12348

My knot is pretty even in shape. Above is a picture of it after just one shave and a couple of defunking washes....it will bloom a bit more I'm sure.
I'll have to take another couple of pictures of mine, when bloomed it looks more even I think. I'll have to take some pictures, I can't even remember now! Yours looks lovely as well :)
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
My ivory arrived today, I did a couple of test lathers to de-funk it as it smelled quite a bit of ammonia and then went at it with DRH Marlborough. Wow. I am hugely impressed with this brush, the handle looks quite a lot like a Chubby but being a bit taller is more ergonomic and easier to grip. The knot is fantastic, dense with good backbone and gel tips. It shed one loose hair and is now starting to bloom showing a lovely even knot.

I know I've only used it once but it's made a hell of a first impression.
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
After five uses the Maseto is breaking in nicely and is a seriously impressive brush! I prefer it to my Simpson Chubby and it's up there with my Shavemac unique. Really unbelievable for the money!
 

isendono

Forum GOD!
I pmed them for a 26mm finest brush. They did sell the 26mm knot on its own but not one with the brush. Still waiting for reply.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Well I used my ebony MS yesterday and was very impressed again. Referring back to Shavemac, the 30mm Macs have felt a lot bigger this is more akin to a 26/28 Shavemac. But with this particular MS I would find it very difficult to differentiate between a 28mm Shavemac. Stirling Ozark Mountain was good to go back too as well, still not used it up, it's an early edition going back almost 4 years!
 

bijou

Forum GOD!
China and WW.jpg
The brushes above are MS 24 (26 x 54), WW with a 24 MS 2 band knot measuring a little over 26 x 51 1/2

My experience with the 26 extra dense knot.

I purchased the extra dense 26 and sent it off to Bob at Elite who created a handle for it (I had Bob create the handle before I sent him the knot to take a 27 maybe 28). When Bob received the knot he back to me and stated that he could not put the knot into the handle because of the knots density it would require a 30 or larger opening, the handle could not be adapted to accommodate that size opening. I had him sent the knot and handle back to me. So at the moment I can't report on the quality of the extra dense 26 , accept that it,s a lot bigger then a 26.

I have a 24 which measures 26 for about 6 months and as everyone has stated these brushes are wonderful in every way, and for the price they are really spectacular. I had also purchased a 24 fan and had it installed in a WW Julie Rosette handle, great knot in a wonderful handle makes for a beautiful brush.
 
Last edited:

Kwack

Forum GOD!
Nice just ordered the 26mm silvertip same handle.. Was after a 2 band finest tbh...Will have to get one of these as well now
 

Kwack

Forum GOD!
The knot completely fell out whilst lathering up

I know I could probably sand off the old glue and stick it back in

Will send them a message for a new one
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
The knot completely fell out whilst lathering up

I know I could probably sand off the old glue and stick it back in

Will send them a message for a new one
Wow! Fingers crossed for a good resolution...
 

Kwack

Forum GOD!
Yep sure it will be fine
I haven't left ebay feedback yet so can always hit em with a PayPal dispute if push comes to shove
 
Top